5-18: Emotion

Scene: At the Île aux Cygnes. André prepares an ice cream.

André: At last! Spearmint for his eyes, for his skin, vanilla, blueberry for her hair, rose for her perfume, and voilà!

He presents his ice cream for Adrien and Marinette. He squints at them suspiciously right after.

André: No drama this time? Everything all right?

Adrien: Everything's perfect. (grabs the ice cream and while holding Marinette's hand)

André: Victory! I never thought I'd serve this flavor combination! Now that my mission on Earth is accomplished, I can finally ride off into the sunset and make new flavors of ice cream for the sweethearts of Venus! I'm only kidding, of course. André is to Paris like whipped cream is to chocolate! Bon appétit, kids!

He rides his bicycle with his cart attached to it and drives off.

Marinette: Thanks, André!

The two of them proceed to walk to the opposite direction, continuing their ice cream date. They sit on the sand, eating ice cream together like the true couple that they've become.

Adrien and Marinette stare at each other for a moment after a spoonful of ice cream, and lean in for a kiss, but Adrien's phone rings the moment their lips are about to touch.

BRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Adrien: (grabs his phone in his pocket) Oh, sorry! I have to go, I'm meeting with... with my father! I didn't tell you about it... because I forgot, and I'm already late. (He gets up, and hands Marinette the ice cream) See you soon, Marinette! (waves and rushes off.)

Marinette: Uh, see ya... (shifts her head to her pouch) Is it me, or did he get super weird all of a sudden?

Tikki: When you're together, you two are always weird, Marinette! (looks at the ice cream) Mmm! That ice cream looks delicious! You done with it?

Marinette gives her ice cream to Tikki as she looks up on the bridge from where she is sitting and sees Placide I.T. from afar who is holding the car door open for Adrien and lets him in the car. Marinette watches as the car drives away, and her expression saddens.

Scene: Île aux Cygnes, at an open café. Sitting at a table with Nino and Alya, Marinette rants about the events that occurred earlier with Adrien.

Marinette: I don't understand... we hang out almost everyday! We've both told each other we're in love! Yet, everytime we're about to kiss, something comes up. We're together having a good time, and poof! Off he runs, like a prince who's about to turn into a pumpkin. Do you think Adrien's hiding something?

Alya: You don't know?

Marinette: Don't know what?

Alya and Nino laugh.

Nino: You, the girl who used to know Adrien's schedule over the next fifteen years by heart? YOU have no idea what he's doing tonight?

Marinette: (She glares at the two, with her arms crossed) Well, no, I don't! I'll have you know that because of a certain friend's advice. I stopped making Adrien plans, and decided to let things happen because NO, I can't control everything, and yes, he's free to do whatever he wants.

Alya: (puts a hand on Marinette's shoulder, and pulls out her Alliance ring) Alliance, could you please look up the "Diamonds' Dance", (holds up her Alliance's hologram) Tonight, Adrien's attending the Diamonds' Dance, a society ball his father organizes every year for his most powerful friends and their children.

Marinette: But... why didn't he tell me about it?

Nino: I'm guessing he didn't want to make you sad because he can't bring you.