3-15: Feast

Scene: Nadja Chamack is reporting on TVi from the museum.

Nadja Chamack: Don't be bemused, it's just the news! The Louvre Museum will be unveiling its latest acquisition today: a mysterious statue carved from hardened lava, which was recently discovered on the highest mountaintops of Tibet, by the museum's curator, Mr. Kubdel.

Marinette: (dreamy voice) Adrien.

Alya: Marinette, I asked Alix to get us into this unveiling so I could show you what I figured out about superheroes. Not so you could gawk at Adrien. You can do that any day at school, girl.

Marinette: Super Adrien... -ah, heroes! I'm all ears.

Alya: Cool, so first you need to know that superheroes like Ladybug and Cat Noir get their powers from magic jewels called Miraculous. And the rangers have these morphers that are connected to this thing called the morphin grid.

Marinette: You told me you're gonna stop researching Ladybug so you wouldn't jeopardize her secret identity!

Alya: Oh, I-I know. Except this research has nothing to do with her identity. I'm gonna help Ladybug unmask Hawk Moth! And I think I found a connection between superheroes, Hawk Moth, and the Miraculous. Okay, I'm convinced Ladybug, Cat Noir, The Rangers and other heroes have been depicted through the centuries. Until, for some unknown reason, they disappeared, and the world forgot about them. We already know this. The Ladybug from Ancient Egypt. Here, a black knight, or Black Cat Miraculous holder. Here red spandex wearing superhero with an ace like helmet!

Alix: Hmm...

Alya: Here, a lady, or a Butterfly superhero. Now this, Hercules, or Lion Miraculous holder.

Marinette: Okay, so now there's a Lion Miraculous?

Alix: Why not a Bunny Miraculous while you're at it?

Oh I get it...

Alya: Now you know back in the day sculptures were painted, right? Most of the paint vanished over time, but tiny microscopic pigments still remain. Thanks to this special app, witness how it originally looked. But here's the big thing. All these works of art have something in common. It's the same symbol! Look, everywhere. (Marinette gasps as she imagines Master Fu's mission) It's like some kind of secret society emblem. As if a kind of Order of the Guardians and Morphin Masters have been watching over the superheroes since the beginning of time!

Alix: Huh, looks like the symbol on the Tibetan statue my old man found.

Mr. Kubdel unveils the statue, Nathalie gasps, and the tablet she's holding falls and breaks.

Adrien: Nathalie, are you okay?

Nathalie: It's nothing, Adrien. Just a dizzy spell.

Zane: Maybe we should head home now.

Nathalie, Zane, Adrien, and his bodyguard go upstairs.

Alix: According to my old man, the statue is almost two hundred years old!

Alya: From what I found, there hasn't been any Miraculous-wearing superheroes for the last two hundred years!

Alix: So... this statue would be the last known trace of a Miraculous.

Alya: Until Ladybug and Cat Noir showed up a few months ago to fight Hawk Moth, yeah!

Alix: That's rad!

Alya: I'm sure my video will help Ladybug unmask Hawk Moth!

Marinette: Wait! You're gonna publish your theories on the Ladyblog?