Kabanata 37

Kabanata 37
#negative

Hideo

I was entitled to inherit the whole property of Eduardo Marqueza.The chamber of pain,vault of grief,and brutal truth.The legacy of sovereignty, profusion and influence-- it was all given to me.

Simple life. Inner peace. Fresh air. Healthy environment. Plants. Animals. And Selene Asteria Eugenio. That's all I wanted. But how can I live the life I dreamed of if I am like this--a follower?

With the absolute ownership of Villa Estrella and Hacienda Marqueza, the law should be in my hands. The people should be under my control. I should be the ruler, right?

Helios told me he'll turn over the throne after his fucking mission or should I say plans. The question is when? When our lives are in a myriad conflicts?When me and Selena is in greatest affliction?

That's absurd!

I have supported Helios eversince I get back to this town. I have supported him with the projects who will only benefit the greedy people. Who will give advantages to selfish politicians.

Now,I have to stand with the principles I have even if it contradicts the sentiments of Helios. I am not a kid that needs an adults supervision anymore.

I am Hideo Alasdair Marqueza,the new ruler of Villa Estrella. And I have to stand like goliath. Be brave like Achilles. Strong like Hercules. Wise like Solomon. And I have to rise and fight like a king. Not the king of a palace but the king of the jungle.

Hindi ako papayag na ang tagapagmana ang minamanduhan.Ginagawang sunod sunuran.Sa bayang ito,ako dapat ang mas makapangyarihan. Ako dapat ang nasusunod. I can consider their opinions but it's still me who will make a precise decision.

It's true that I don't like the power and wealth but I think it's time for me to utilize it. For my own version of justice. For my family. For Selena. And for the people of Villa Estrella.

I am in deep thoughts when Max called me. Selena left me here at the parking area of the campus as soon as she finished eating her early lunch.

I love watching her eat like a pregnant woman.  Masaya ako kasi okay na kaming dalawa. Naeexcite ako sa pag iisip na dinadala niya ang panganay ko. Alam kong selfish ang dating ko rito pero wala na talaga akong pakialam kahit mabuntis ko si Selena.

If I could I would marry her now. Pero parang mas madaling buntisin siya ngayon. Kasi kung babanggitin ko ang kasal, after two years pa iyon mangyayari. While getting her pregnant, it would only take for days I think. And if I succeed, she'll carry our baby for nine months.

"Señorito." Max uttered from the other line.

"Sorry,Max. What is it again?" I asked 'cause my mind was preoccupied by Selena,my...wife.

"The venue and everything you need has been prepared."

"What about our men?"

"They are always ready for combat,for a war."

I smirked like I have heard an achievement. "Good. I will leave the campus now. Cover me."

"That's for sure, señorito."

I ended the call. I put the cell on the dashboard and started the engine then drive away from the school. I will be back.

Mag uusap lang muna kami ni Raphael Del Fierro sa sarili niyang restaurant. Ipapakita ko sa kanya kung sino si Hideo Marqueza.

With a signatured shirt,shorts and slippers, I have attended the meeting with Raphael Del Fierro. I witnessed how he arched his fucking eyebrow when he saw me walking towards him.