Surfaced Memory

Chapter 15
2x3

One night, Stiles and Scott took me, Allison and Lydia to the ice rank. It was completely empty. It was just us 5.

Me and Stiles were putting on our stakes when we saw Scott take his first wipe out. "He's never done this before?" I asked laughing a bit.

"Nope." He just stared at me. "Have you?"

I looked down at my skates. "I don't know." I shrugged. "Not to my knowledge." I tapped the side of my head.

"Well, Ill help you." He said standing up and offering me his hand.

I smiled and grabbed it. He guided me onto the ice. I wobbled but eventually got the hang of it.

Stiles was cheering me on the entire time. I had never been as happy as I was right now.

I started getting a memory flash. A young girl who looked about 5, whereing a blue dress, was running in the forest, playfully. "Come and caught me dada!" She yelled to a man running behind her.

"I'm gonna get you my little warrior." The man caught up to the girl and picked her up.  "I told you I'd get you." He put her on the ground and took her tiny hand in his.

I was just watching for the sides. The man had huge smile on his face.

"You know my little warrior, you remind me a lot of your big sister, Freya." The 2 took a seat on a log.

"Really?" The girl asked. "What was she like?"

"She was small. She had beautiful curly blonde hair. She and I would always do this after I returned home from battle. And I would tell her all about my trip." The man had a slight smile. It had gone down a lot since he had caught the girl.

"I wish I could have meet her." The girl said as she messed with a piece of wood on the log.

"Me too." The man put his arm around the girl and held her close. "But you know what, you my sweet girl, have a lot of the same qualities as her."

"Like what?" The girl asked eager.

"Like your beautiful brown eyes. And your smile."

"Thanks dada." The girl cuddled up closer to him.

"No, thank you Bailey."

I woke up. That was me and my dad. From all the stories about the great Mikael Mikaelson I didn't expect him to be treating me that well.

I was on the floor of the rink. Allison, Stiles, and Lydia where standing over me. "What happened." I got up in a sitting position.

"You feel back." Lydia said.

"What happened to you?" Stiles asked with his hand on my shoulder. It was cold. But I felt nice. For some reason I was hot.

I hesitated. I didn't want to tell them. It was only one memory. It wasn't like I remember everything from my past. "Nothing. Just felt light headed for a second." I stood up. "Ill be fine. I just need some water."

I skated off and into the bathroom. I just rinsed my face with water.

What just happened? Was I really remembering? Or was that just a one time thing? A slip of a long gone memory?