Bailey Bailey Bailey

Chapter 81

Lydia Martin POV
I was talking about our new energy source, when Rick, one of the people I was giving a speech to asked me a question.

"Lydia, I just have one tiny, little question." He said. "Lyd."

"Stop calling me Lyd." I hated when people called me Lyd now. It just made me think of Bailey. How she loved calling me Lyd. It was her little nickname for me. I used to love it when she called me that. Now I just hate that name

"Lydia!" He growled.

"Rick. For someone who hates to interrupt, you seem oldly compelled to keep doing it." I said irritated.

"Look, all I want to know is, who's Bailey?" He asked making my eyes widen. He showed me a page of the proposal where it had Bailey's name written all over it. I took the book and flipped through it. On every page, it was just Bailey, instead of words I intended it to be. I gave Rick the book back, and rushed up to my office.

I made it to my desk and grabbed a piece of paper and pen. Then I just let my power's write. While my eyes we're closed my mind went back to Bailey's death. Her getting thrown to the ground and knocked out, that killing her.

When my eyes opened I was gasping for breath, and was surrounded with a bunch of paper, which I knew all together, might make a symbol of pattern. Something that goes together. But I was plaged with the pain of Bailey dying. Not my pain. Her pain while she was dying. She was in agony. It wasn't peaceful. It was painful.