The Nematone

Chapter 85

Eli Hale POV
After I got a "great" lecture from my dad about taking the Jeep, I went to my room. Where I climbed out of the window and got in my friend Shane's car.

Shane was a werewolf. Like my dad and me I guess. He also just turned 16 yesterday, so he was officially allowed to drive me around. But from some reason I still wanted the Jeep.

We were bored before the game and decided to go into the woods to our secret spot. Which was practically no where. But it was ours.

When we got there, we notice a group of older people. When I looked a little closer it was my Aunt Malia and some of her old pack.

Me and Shane decided to trail behind them. But that didn't last long. The guy, Scott, Uncle Peter's only beta, found us and pulled us out from behind the tree we were hiding behind by the back of our shirts.

"Wait, wait, I wasn't doing anything! Sorry!" I tried arguing. "Uh."

"It is you. Both of you." Scott said.

Lydia looked at Malia confused. "Eli, Derek's son. And his idiot best friend Shane."

"Wow, you've gotten really big." Scott said talking to me.

"Yeah, it's probably because I was only 3 the last time you saw me."

"What are you 2 doing out here?" Scott asked.

"I was kind of wondering what you guys were doing out here." I said trying to change the subject, since we had no reason for being out here.

"Hiking." Aunt Malia said clearly lying. "Can't you tell. It's really nice night for hiking."

"I know what you're looking for. The tree, right? That huge stump's that's like 20 feet wide?"

"You know how to find it?" Lydia asked.

"Kind of." Shane hit me in the arm. He knew we had a bunch of beers stashed in the old root cellar. "I sleepwalk." I completely ignored him. "I don't know why. But I've just been doing it for the last few months."

"I used to wake up in the woods too." Scott said.

"After you were bit by Peter, right?" I asked

"I do it too." Shane said, he then looked around and noticed no one was paying any attention to him. "But no one cares, great." He smacked his lips together.

"Yeah your dads told you a few stories?" Scott asked.

"Yeah, all of em. He likes to brag to me and Shane about how he was in one of the powerful packs of his time."

"What about the tree?" Malia asked in a bit of a hurry.

"It's not far from here." Shane said.

"I knew we were going the right way." Malia said a little bit cocky.

"No, you were going the wrong way." I informed her. "It's that way." I pointed behind her.

"We were circling back." Malia hated being wrong.

"Hm." Lydia sounded completely not believing her.

"Thank you." Malia said hostial and walking the way I had pointed out for her.

"Well, we can help you find it." I said following behind her.

"Got it."

"Hey, come on."

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

When we got to the tree, Lydia and Scott were arguing about calling Argent and Allison. Then Malia stared at me and Shane.

"Don't you two have something to do?" Malia asked us.

"Yeah. Yeah, ah we have a game to play."

"You never play dude." Shane was the realist for us. He would always tell me the reality of the situation if I was living in dream land.

We looked around and noticed they wanted us to go. So we left.

Lydia Martin POV
When the boys left, we started the ritual. I held the sword out and the other 2 just started staring at me. "What are you looking at me for? I didn't write the instructions."

"Yeah, you did." Malia said being a realist. Which I hated. "You literally wrote the instructions."

"Okay, you know what I mean." I decided to hold the sword a different way. With 2 hands instead of 1.

"Do you feel that?" Scott asked.

"Yeah." I was like a sudden breeze of cold icey air.

Then the soil flew out of Scott's hand and into the Nematone. The sword rattled in my hand then just flew out and start into the middle of the stump. The wind blew the sand in the area all around us. Then the nematone started sucking everything into it. We held on until everything was in the stump and the wind stopped.

"Okay, that was fun. Um, you guy want to go get something to eat now?" Malia asked.

Me and Scott looked at her confused. But I just was fixated on the tree. I was a little disappointed that something more didn't happen. That she didn't come back.

We all started to walk away. But Scott stopped us. "Hey guys." We turned back around to see a blue glow on the tree starting to create something. As it formed in I could tell what it was. Or more like who it was. It was a naked, unconscious Bailey.

"It's Bailey." Scott stated the obvious. "She's alive."