Swerve

Chapter 41
4x10

I had to stay after school to get all my classwork that I missed when I was dead.

While, I was walking out, I saw 2 figures running. I couldn't see who they were through the ran. But I had feeling they were being hunted because of the dead pool.

I finally caught up to the 2, without bring attention to me from the hunters, while they were on the lacrosse field.

They were a guy and a girl. The guy was standing in front of the girl protectivly. They  appeared to be siblings.

Red gun lasers appeared. And they slowly made their way over to the guys chest.

Without thinking I vamped in front of the guy. I was taking a risk that those bullets weren't made of white oak.

An arrow was launched at me, but a sword swatted it down. I looked over an Kira was standing next to me.

"Run!" She yelled. We all did what she told us. I got the guy and the girl off the field then went up into the stands. But I couldn't do anything the shooters were gone.

Kira brought the 2 targets, Brett and Laurie, to Denton's animal clinic. I had to get to hospital for my internship.

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

When I got to the hospital, Stiles was at the front desk.

"What do you mean my dad's surgery was taken care of. We didn't pay for it yet." He told the lady working the desk.

"It appears an anonymous donor took care of it for you." The lady told him.

"What? Why? Who?" He asked.

"It says here they want to be kept totally anonymous. And some people get lots of money and want to help people."

"Hmm." Stiles sounded turning around. He noticed me just standing there. "Bailey, hi."

"Hi." I smiled and walked over to the desk. "Can you tell Nurse McCall I'm here to shadow her?" I asked the lady that Stiles was just talking to.

"I can. What's your name sweety?" The lady asked.

"Bailey Argent." I informed her.

She nodded and got on the phone.

I turned back to Stiles. "I couldn't help but over hear your conversation. I'm happy for you guy, that you don't have to deal with that anymore."

"Yeah, it's great. I just wish I knew who it was, so I could thank them." He said looking down at the floor.

"Well, some people want to help, but don't want to deal with the gratitude that comes with it. They just want the satisfaction of knowing they helped. That's their thanks." I said.

"Thanks, Bails." He patted me on the back and went into his dad's room.

Ms McCall came in and she took me around to shadow her. I learned a lot about medicine. It made me want to go to med school to help.

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

After, shadowing Ms McCall, I got in my car and headed home. While I was almost there, I got a call from dad.

"Dad, I'm on my way home. I'll be there in like 5 minutes." I said into the phone.

"Hi, Bails." A girl voice I knew all to well said.

"Alli." I started to smile. "How do you have dad's phone in London?" I asked sarcastically.

"I don't know, maybe because I'm not in London. And maybe I'm with dad at the apartment."

"Oh, my god. I'll be there in a minute now. See you soon." I smirked as I hung up the phone and pressed my foot a tiny bit more on the gas.

I changed the radio station, then noticed someone standing in the middle of the bridge I was crossing.

I turned the steering wheel to avoid hitting them. Causing my car to swerve off the bridge and into the water under it.

But the water wasn't normal. It had some vervain flowers in it. Causing my skin to burn as the water touched.