𝒪𝓃𝑒: 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒮𝓊𝓂𝓂𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒻 𝟣𝟪𝟫𝟣

It was a beautiful June day. The sky was blue but filled with fluffy, white clouds. The breeze was nice and light. The Black Lake was nearly clear and the water was still. Rosalie Rivers sat at her spot by the lake. She was reading her favorite book, The Picture of Dorian Gray, on her blankets under the oak tree. It didn't matter how many times she read it, the ending always seemed to surprise her.

It was nearing time to head back home to London; back to no magic and a world full of muggles. Well, normal and non-magic bearing humans. She had to unlearn all the new terms before she returned to the bustling city. The thought of going back for just two months made her stomach turn. She didn't want to leave Hogwarts. She didn't want to leave her beasts or leave her friends... Or just one specific friend.

It had been a few weeks since Rosalie and Sebastian Sallow had really talked. Things were odd at the moment. Between the events over the past year and OWLs, they've been too busy to even have a full conversation. Yes, there have been times that they could've talked, but Rose just felt anxious about the situation since she received that letter from Anne. Anne wasn't mean or condescending. She never blamed Rose for Sebastian's actions. In fact, she thanked her for trying to keep him in line like she asked her way back in October. That day when Sebastian brought her to his home in Feldcroft. The day that Rosalie thought he was making a step forward in their relationship, but nothing seems to go her way.

Although she received this letter 3 months after the incidents, she couldn't help but start to feel guilty now. She was starting to feel like she was the destruction; that she was the chaos. Nothing good ever seemed to happen around her. Rosalie felt like she hurt everything and everyone. It didn't help that Professor Fig died fighting alongside her. She slammed her book shut. Rose couldn't think about him. Not anymore. The thought of him made her want to throw up. Scream. Cry. He was the only father figure she had and he was gone so quickly.

Rosalie decided that she didn't want to listen to her thoughts today. She threw her book into her brown leather bag, and slumped down on the ground. The light breeze was making her sleepy. She didn't have anything else to do. Her classes were over and she excelled in her OWLs. She started thinking about what she could possibly do in London when she returned home. She thought that she might visit her favorite bookstore. Or maybe visit her favorite bakery. She didn't really know what she wanted to do, but one thing she 100% knew she was not doing was traveling with her parents. She hated traveling with them. She hated watching her parents thrive at banquets and dinner parties. She hated watching them plan their next trip and planning their next scientific discovery. Rose thought it was all so boring. She couldn't care less. It's not like her parents let her do anything when she went with them anyways. She always had to stay under the hot tent in the middle of nowhere for hours upon hours.

She shook her head. She didn't want to think about it anymore, it was too annoying. She knew that it didn't matter what she wanted to do, they would be gone. It made her sad. Her birthday is in the middle of summer and it was always terrible. Her parents were always dragging her around the world and never actually remembering it was her special day. She never received a proper gift. Just a note that said "Happy birthday! We were so busy that we forgot to buy you something. We promise to make it up to you," but, of course, those days never came. Rosalie didn't want to ever leave Hogwarts. She drifted off to sleep with a single tear falling down her cheek.

~ * * ˏˋ ☾ ˎˊ * * ~