𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎-𝒮𝒾𝓍: 𝒢𝓇𝒾𝑒𝒻

Author's Note:
Content Warning: Grief & Death

~ * * ˏˋ ☾ ˎˊ * * ~

Water dripped and echoed. The ground was solid stone and cold. Her eyes slowly opened. The darkness and blurry vision slowly disappeared as she became aware that she was awake. She was covered in bruises and blood that wasn't her own.

Rosalie sat up onto her elbows. She looked around at her surroundings. She was in the caverns under Hogwarts, but why?

Something rustled behind her. She quickly turned her head in its direction. Professor Fig. He laid there helplessly and gasping for a deep breath.

"No," Rose whispered. "No, no, no!" she screamed.

She tried to stand up on her feet to run but ultimately fell. She tried again, stumbling. She collapsed beside his body.

"Professor!"

She began sobbing as her hands became soaked in blood. His blood.

"Please, tell me what to do!" she pleaded.

Professor Fig weakly grabbed the collar of her shirt and pulled her closer to him, "You've done all you could."

He exhaled his last shaky breath as his grip loosened.

"No! Please, no! I can't do this without you!" her violent screams echoed through the caverns.

"No!" she screamed as she sat up in her four poster bed.

Just a nightmare.

Rosalie woke up in a cold sweat and was shaking. A year later and she's still having nightmares about his passing. It's been a depressing two weeks while reliving old trauma. But no matter, Rosalie knew she had to put on a brave face for the day before she attended her classes.

~ * * ˏˋ ☾ ˎˊ * * ~

Rosalie woke up too late to eat breakfast, so she immediately had to attend Ancient Runes class. She entered the classroom quietly and sat in her usual seat with Sebastian near the back of the classroom.

"Hi, Rosie," he smiled.

"Hi, Seb," she whispered.

"Are you okay? I noticed you skipped breakfast this morning."

"Yes, I just overslept, that's all," she tried chuckling off.

She didn't want to bother him, or anyone for that matter, about what today was. So, the best way to continue on was to lie, although she technically wasn't lying about oversleeping.

Sebastian didn't reply; he simply reached into his robe pocket and pulled out an apple.

Rosalie smiled at his consideration, "Thank you."

"I don't want to pry, and you don't have to answer if you don't feel like it, but are you going to go visit him?"

Him. As in Professor Fig. He remembered.

Rosalie took a deep breath as she prepared to speak about her once father figure.

"I wanted to go after Arithmancy, but I'm not sure if I can force myself."

"Do you want me to take you?"

Rosalie's eyes lit up and she quickly looked into his, "You'd do that for me?"

Sebastian chuckled as if it was the most obvious action, "Of course I will. I want to be there for you as much as I can be. You were there to comfort me, I want to be here to comfort you."