𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎-𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃: 𝒮𝑒𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓂𝒷𝑒𝓇

Author's Note:
Header by @peachyxash on Pinterest!

Please play after the first page break!

Maisie Peters - There It Goes (Acoustic)

~ * * ˏˋ ☾ ˎˊ * * ~

The remainder of the summer holiday came and went. Rosalie was walking home from visiting her favorite bookstore and the market on Columbia Road in London. She was happy, healthy, and healing. The past month, she's had time to reflect on the last two years. Rose had tried for too long to grab Sebastian's attention. She wasn't embarrassed of how much she loved him, but only kicked herself for how long she made herself suffer because of him. She hated how she made him her entire source of happiness but also the source of her hurt. Now, she had peace of mind knowing he no longer affected her life.

Rosalie entered her empty London home. She placed the sunflowers that she had purchased at the market into a watered vase in the kitchen window. She then made her way upstairs to put away the books she had bought. Tomorrow, she will leave for her Seventh and final year at Hogwarts. It was bittersweet, and she vowed to make as many memories as she could. And just live her life. During her Fifth-Year, she was too busy saving the wizarding world. During her Sixth-Year, she was too busy studying for her future. But for her Seventh-Year, she was only taking seven classes with four of them being NEWT-leveled. Far less than the eleven NEWT-leveled classes she was taking last year.

Rose was trying to pack up the last few things into her trunk when she heard a small chittering coming from her opened bedroom window.

'That damned owl,' she cursed.

Rosalie stopped her packing and walked over to the window. She took the rolled parchment that Hermes had brought her and traded him with a piece of banana bread. She gave the smokey gray bird a nice scratch under his chin.

"Please, Hermes, tell him to stop writing me letters," she sighed.

Hermes fluttered his wings and took off flying into the late afternoon sky. Rose watched him until he was fully out of sight and tossed the letter into the pile she had collected over the summer. Twenty-three letters laid tied and unread on her desk. As she stared at them, she contemplated on what to do with them. She was never going to open them, but she couldn't bring herself to throw them into the fireplace. She also didn't want to leave them here in her bedroom in London because she was sure her parents would snoop through her belongings. After much consideration, Rosalie decided to tie them together and tuck them away inside her trunk. It was just for privacy.

She shut her trunk and locked it, then sat it beside her bedroom door so she wouldn't forget it in the morning. She threw herself onto her bed and stared at the ceiling. Although she wrote to her friends, it was still a lonely summer. She didn't know where her parents were, when they had left, or when they had planned on returning. She didn't really care about it. All she cared about was her return back home to Hogwarts.

~ * * ˏˋ ☾ ˎˊ * * ~

It was the morning of 1 September 1892.

Seventh-Year.

Rosalie woke up energized and vibrant. She was excited to return to where she belonged. She hurried out of bed and quickly changed into a brown and yellow plaid dress; she still had to blend in with the muggle world for the time being. She smoothed out her hair, brushed her teeth, and made her way downstairs, grabbing her trunk along the way.