𝒮𝒾𝓍𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃: 𝒜𝓂𝑜𝓇𝓉𝑒𝓃𝓉𝒾𝒶

Author's Note:
Picture by @dizthemonster on Pinterest!

Please play after the fourth page break!

Taylor Swift - hoax

~ * * ˏˋ ˎˊ * * ~

Rosalie woke up on that chilly Tuesday morning in the third week of October. It had been an entire month since the last time her and Sebastian spoke. She replayed their last perfect night over and over again inside her mind, constantly torturing herself. The night they almost kissed for the very first time. Which always takes her back to that night in August when they laid together by the sea. Then, the entirety of her birthday. How did he make her feel so special then turn right around and ruin everything they've built together?

She was frustrated with herself. How could she not see it coming, and why couldn't she move on? She groaned and forced herself out of bed. She had to attend class today because Professor Sharp deemed them ready to brew Amortentia. He announced last week that this potion costed a large portion of their grade for the term, so she had to be focused. No sadness, no pity, no Sebastian. Just Rosalie and her studies.

~ * * ˏˋ ☾ ˎˊ * * ~

Rosalie sat beside Lacy at breakfast this morning. Lacy, as usual, drank her tea and Rose ate her apple as the two skimmed through The Daily Prophet.

"How long do you think the trial will last?" Rosalie asked nervously. "I don't know much about the Wizengamot."

"Mmm, honestly it depends on how much evidence they have against him."

"Well, it should be a lot. Natty and I did the majority of the investigation."

Rosalie continued to read through the article as Lacy sipped on her tea when two silhouettes caught her attention out of the corner of her eye.

"Oh, Merlin's beard," she said nervously.

"What is it?" Rose asked monotonously without looking up from the article.

"Well. Uhh, don't look up. That's all I know to say."

Rosalie sat the newspaper down and looked at Lacy.

"Let me guess: Sebastian and Nellie at the Slytherin table? More than likely sitting together."

"Yes," Lacy replied softly.

"Lace, it's fine," Rose reassured as she picked up the newspaper again. "I've seen them together plenty of times now. It doesn't hurt anymore."

But Rosalie was lying to herself. Of course it hurt. She tried to avoid seeing them any chance she got. She didn't want to make it obvious, so more times than not, she had to sit and suffer as she watched them be happy together.

Rosalie continued eating her apple and reading The Daily Prophet as Lacy pretended to sip on her tea every so often. She was staring at Sebastian and Nellie, and definitely not being subtle about it.

"Lacy, stop it. You're making it obvious," Rose scolded without looking up from the newspaper.

"I can't help it. He keeps looking over here," Lacy said as she hid behind her teacup.

Rosalie faced her again, "Probably because you're staring at them from behind a teacup," she said sarcastically.

Lacy rolled her eyes and continued staring. Rosalie went back to reading and eating her apple.