𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃: 𝒟𝑒𝒶𝓉𝒽𝒹𝒶𝓎

Rosalie woke early on the ninth day, which so happened to be Halloween and the day of the masquerade ball. Today was the day she would be graded on her Amortentia potion. She was quite nervous, but everything seemed to be brewing smoothly. No bubbles, no abnormal odors, just perfect.

Rosalie emerged from her common room to see Sir Nicholas' transparent figure floating by the vinegar barrels.

"Good morning, Sir Nicholas."

"Ah, good morning, Miss Rivers. Will you still be attending my Deathday party tonight?" he asked cheerfully.

"Oh course! I wouldn't miss it."

"Wonderful! The party will be held in the dungeons, and you're more than welcome to bring someone! The more, the merrier!"

"Of course. I'll see you tonight, Sir."

He waved goodbye and floated through the ceiling; his ghostly body quickly disappearing into the dining hall above them.

Rosalie made her way to the Potions classroom. She was more excited for the Deathday Party than the actual ball. She was attending the ball alone, so she fully planned to leave early. There was no reason to stay rather than to socialize anyway. She wouldn't be dancing; in fact, she hadn't practiced since that night in the Room. With Sebastian.

She sighed heavily.

This truly wasn't what she had planned for this year. She knew everything wouldn't go back to normal after the events of last year, but she also didn't expect everything to be so different. They were supposed to be together, they were supposed to be attending the ball together. But alas, Sebastian had Nellie and Rosalie had no one except herself.

Rosalie walked into the Potions classroom. She was the first and only student here this morning. She took her golden cauldron out of the storage closet and placed it on a low flame. She slowly and carefully placed her three Ashwinder Eggs into her concoction and gently stirred. The potion started to steam. Alright, moment of truth. Rosalie plucked a strand of hair out of her head and dropped it into the steaming liquid. Pearlescent! Rosalie quickly turned her flame off and ran to Professor Sharp's office door.

"Professor Sharp!" she yelled and pounded on his door. "Professor! My potion!"

Professor Sharp quickly opened the door with a concerned look on his face.

"Miss Rivers, did you blow up your cauldron?"

"No, sir. I think I brewed it perfectly!"

Professor Sharp's eyes widened and he grinned.

"Well, let's see," he said with some joy in his voice, the most Rose had ever heard from him.

The two of them swiftly walked over to the brewing station. Professor Sharp examined the potion for a very extended period of time. Smelling, stirring, touching, everything except drinking it.

"Excellent, Miss Rivers. Fifty points to Hufflepuff for your extraordinary work," he smiled.

"Thank you, Professor," Rosalie said gleefully with a smile on her face.

"Let's strain some into a vial. Do you mind if I keep the rest and use it as an example?"

"Of course not, Professor!"

Professor Sharp smiled and walked into his storage closet to grab a small vial. He taught her the best way to strain potions, and it was the easiest and quickest Rose had ever done.

Professor Sharp was holding the liquid up into the golden morning sunlight that peaked through his windows as Rosalie cleaned her station.

"Miss Rivers," he called as he continued examining the vial.