𝐹𝒾𝒻𝓉𝓎-𝒮𝒾𝓍: 𝒜𝓁𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒾𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃

Header by @th0rns on Tumblr!

~ * * ˏˋ ☾ ˎˊ * * ~

12 March 1893

Rosalie woke in the early morning hours with a heavy weight over her on one of the most unforgettable days of her life. The day she defeated Ranrok, the day she saved the Wizarding World, the day Professor Fig passed away.

It had been a long while since the last time Rosalie had visited Fig's grave; it had probably been since last year. It was too hard on her to visit him, even if she wanted to because she missed him greatly. Today, she needed to go. She wanted to go. It was Friday, so that meant Rosalie had a free afternoon. Her first and only class of the day started around four hours from now; it was History of Magic. A boring class nonetheless. She should probably get as much rest as possible now so she doesn't fall asleep during Professor Binns's lecture, as if he would notice.

Rosalie rolled over on her side to look at the setting moonlight and rising sunlight shining through the dormitory windows. A beautiful pattern of the early orange horizon and the oncoming spring glimmered and faded as she closed her eyes to drift off to sleep.

~ * * ˏˋ ☾ ˎˊ * * ~

Rosalie woke back up at her usual time and walked to the Great Hall with Lacy and Heather for breakfast. She hoped neither of them, or anyone at breakfast for that matter, would remind her what today was. Rosalie hated to be pitied.

For the past couple of weeks, since the Winter Festival, the three of them have been joining Sebastian, Ominis, Grace, and occasionally Mia and Amos, at the Slytherin table. Rosalie was extremely happy that all of her friends were opening up to each other and wanting to spend more time together.

The three Hufflepuffs sat across from the three Slytherins and began eating their breakfast: toast, apples, and tea, and engaging in conversation.

"Just face it, Sallow. Hufflepuff is winning the Quidditch Cup. No ifs, ands, or buts about it!" Heather argued with her breakfast in her mouth.

"You wish! Imelda Reyes is not going to let you have the upper hand at all! At least, not after the last match!"

"Oh, you mean the match where I beat her arse?"

"Yes, with your fists," Ominis snickered. "Rightfully deserved..."

"Thank you!" Heather exclaimed. "I'd say we bet on it, Sallow!"

"Baney, you know I never back down from a fight. So, I'm listening."

"Whoever loses, Slytherin or Hufflepuff, their respective house will have to sneak into Black's office... that's if Slytherin even makes it to the Cup."

"Okay? And do what?" Sebastian asked curiously.

"Uhh," Heather drug out as she thought.

"And steal his boil cream!" Rosalie interrupted.

The entire group bursted into laughter.

"Hell yeah! You're on, Baney!" Sebastian laughed hysterically as he offered his hand.

Heather reached across the table to take his hand and gave it a firm shake.

"Boil cream," Sebastian said to himself. "I'll never forget Hobbhouse's face when Sharp asked him to deliver it!"

"I hope it haunts him for the rest of his life," Ominis smiled mischievously to himself. "Coward."

A silence fell over them for a moment.

"Boil cream," Heather whispered and the group started manically laughing again.

Amos came strolling over to the table with a curious brow raised and sat next to Rosalie on the bench.