𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎-𝒪𝓃𝑒: 𝒬𝓊𝒾𝒹𝒹𝒾𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒞𝓊𝓅

Author's Note:
Header by @peachyxash on Pinterest!

~ * * ˏˋ ˎˊ * * ~

Rosalie paced in front of the Slytherin Common Room, waiting for Grace to appear from behind the wall. All of the students have dismissed themselves to the Great Hall before the final Quidditch match of the year. Suddenly, a giant golden snake slithered out of the floor to create a door, and Grace quickly and abruptly opened the door.

"Okay, everyone should be gone by now. Come on!" she said as she grabbed Rosalie's wrist and pulled her into the common room.

The girls raced down the spiral staircase, revealing a fountain that sat at the base of the stairs with a waterfall pouring into it. The common room was much different than Hufflepuff's. The atmosphere was very moody and cold, but felt inviting by the fireplace in the foyer. to the right of the staircase, the room opened up and revealed that they were actually under the Black Lake.

"Oh, Merlin's beard! Gracie, your common room is so unique! I would never leave the windows."

Grace chuckled, "You sound like Sebastian and Anne. The far-right window was their favorite spot to sit at before Anne was cursed," she said somberly. "Sometimes, I still see Sebastian looking out into the dark lake in the middle of the night when I come grab myself a cup of tea. I'm assuming it's comforting to him when he can't sleep."

"I couldn't imagine how he must feel. I know this is his second year at Hogwarts without her, but I wouldn't think it gets easier. I miss her dearly, and I've never attended school with her; I couldn't imagine if she was my own sister."

"You wouldn't believe how much our house misses Anne. She was just as mischievous as Sebastian, but she was also this radiant person. She always made everyone's day better just by existing."

Rosalie softly chuckled, "That sounds just like her."

"I don't want to sound rude, but we do need to hurry."

"Oh, I know. I got lost in the moment. Come on!"

The girls quickly ran left of the staircase towards the girls dormitories. They ran up the staircase and went down the right corridor. Grace stopped at the sixth door and knocked before entering.

"Okay, I had laid these out for you. The plaid-green skirt, the brown button up shirt, and the solid green tie," Grace explained the clothes lying on her four poster bed.

Rose bundled the clothes up into her arms and quickly changed behind the wooden partition. Afterwards, she retreated from the partition, threw her clothes on Grace's four poster bed, and did a little spin while Grace complimented her.

"Oh, they fit you like a glove. You look so lovely in green!" she giggled.

"Thank you," Rose replied. "Will you do me one last favor and plait my hair?"

"Of course! Come here, in front of this mirror," she pointed.

Grace grabbed a comb and did a quick brush through Rose's hair before quickly plaiting it down her back.

"There you go, dear."

"Thank you, Gracie. I think we're set to go," Rose grinned widely.

Grace grabbed Rosalie's hand and the girls quickly ran out of the dormitory, through the corridor to the foyer, and up the spiral staircase until they were outside the Slytherin Common Room. Laughing and gasping for breath, the girls swiftly continued walking to the Great Hall for breakfast.

~ * * ˏˋ ˎˊ * * ~

The girls were the last two into the Great Hall; they quickly piled in behind a group of First-Years who still seemed to get lost throughout the castle. Rosalie followed closely behind Grace as they made their way over to the Slytherin table, trying to stay as hidden as possible.