𝐸𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉: 𝑅𝑒𝓉𝓊𝓇𝓃 𝓉𝑜 𝐻𝑜𝑔𝓌𝒶𝓇𝓉𝓈

Author's Note:
Picture by @rogersnat on Pinterest!

~ * * ˏˋ ☾ ˎˊ * * ~

Rosalie laid awake in her bed in London, staring at the ceiling. It was the middle of the night and she hasn't rested since she's returned to the city. She refused to call London her home anymore. This was just temporary housing until she could return to her real home: Hogwarts. Today was September 1st. She turned her head to look at her mantel clock her parents brought home from America last summer; '3:53' the clock hands read. Rose turned her head to stare at the ceiling again. No sleep, no appetite. One could only hope her lovely return home today will make her feel better.

Rose was startled awake by her alarm clock. She groaned as she silenced the alarm. She must've fallen asleep, which was good in hindsight, but she didn't feel like she rested. Another ordinary day for her. She cuddled her pillow for a moment. These two months away from the magical castle felt like it lasted a lifetime. She was happy to finally return to Hogwarts, but she knew it wouldn't be the same. Today already felt different. She remembered how nervous but happy she felt a year ago when her and Professor Fig left to embark their journey to the castle. The day of the dragon attack and the start of Ranrok's rise to power; but it was also the day she finally discovered who she was. Professor Fig was by her side and supported her until the very end. The pain she felt in her chest every time she thought of it was unbearable. She was too young to have to go through this.

Rosalie finally found some strength to get out of bed. She sat on the edge of her mattress and wiped the tears from her face. Today was supposed to be happy and exciting. Today she was supposed to reunite with all of her friends. Today she was supposed to return home. Rose composed herself then started to get ready. She took a bath, fixed her hair, and put on one of her sophisticated school uniforms. She triple checked her trunk to make sure she had everything: textbooks, parchment, quills, ink, her new robes, and uniforms. She shut her trunk and walked over to her bathroom mirror to take one last look at herself. She was very skinny, almost just skin and bones. Her face had a gray tint to it; her rosy cheeks were barely visible nowadays.

"It'll get better," she closed her eyes and whispered. She couldn't bear to look at herself any longer.

Rosalie grabbed her trunk and walked down the stairs in her London home. She looked around. Empty. Her parents must've extended their stay and didn't tell Rose. She checked the mail that laid in a pile by the door; no letters. Of course they didn't write to her; when did they ever pretend to care about her? Every day that passed created more friction. Rose loved her parents, but she didn't care about them either; not anymore. Besides, she had found new people who loved her more in a few short months than her parents ever did in seventeen years.

~ * * ˏˋ ☾ ˎˊ * * ~

Rosalie arrived at King's Cross Station and stood in line at the ticket booth. The rude red-head and cheerful brunette were working again. Rose sighed with relief; now she could easily get her ticket.

Rose walked up to the ticket booth and politely said, "One ticket for Platform 9, please." She finished with a wink to the brunette.

"Of course, love," the brunette replied back with a smile.

Rosalie took the ticket and smiled. She started walking to Platforms 9 and 10 where she saw other Hogwarts students disappearing into the pillars. She didn't recognize any of the students in the muggle world. She waited behind a group of first-years who were nervous to run into the stone wall. Finally it was Rosalie's turn. She swiftly walked into the pillar and appeared on the other side where there was a sea of students. Magic always found a way to surprise her. A smile crept onto her face and she boarded the train. Most of the carts were full of students already; Rose didn't know this many wizards lived alongside her.