𝐹𝒾𝒻𝓉𝓎-𝐹𝑜𝓊𝓇: 𝒞𝒶𝓂𝒶𝓇𝒶𝒹𝑒𝓇𝒾𝑒

Header by @stordiany on Pinterest!

~ * * ˏˋ ☾ ˎˊ * * ~

A few weeks have passed since Rosalie found it in her heart to finally forgive Sebastian. She had felt her freezing heart melting for a while now, but it took what happened on Christmas to realize it. It took getting drunk on the Astronomy Tower to fully say it, out loud. It was out there; it was spoken, and it had been said to him. Thankfully, this was Rosalie's first step in moving forward. All of the pain she felt, all of the yearning, all of the love and hatred... It used to exhaust her to even think about it, but now she understands why she had to endure it. Maybe he was a hard lesson she had to learn, but that doesn't mean she didn't want to exclude him from her life. They were better off as friends. Strictly friends; so, these feelings Rose had needed to dissipate.

Which seemed to be rather difficult.

It was mid-February; there were only four months left until final examinations. Rosalie's workload was piling up, from her NEWT-leveled classes to her Mentorship. And with her Mentorship becoming more intense, that meant she had to spend more time with Sebastian. Although it was not a terrible thing, it was just becoming more difficult to fight off her feelings the more time she spent with him.

~ * * ˏˋ ☾ ˎˊ * * ~

Rosalie joined Lacy and Heather for breakfast in the Great Hall Saturday morning before they ventured off to Hogsmeade to attend the Winter Festival.

"I can't believe you're forcing me to spend time with a Gaunt," Heather grumbled over her cup of tea.

"No one is forcing you, Heather," Rose said as she rolled her eyes. "Besides, you've been around Ominis plenty of times!"

"At a Quidditch match! Where my interest is Quidditch! I don't believe I've ever spoken to him. Ever!"

"Heather, he is nothing like his family. I've explained this to you already!" Rosalie said with a callous glare.

"Whatever you say..." Heather heavily sighed. "Who's meeting us, anyway?"

Rosalie straightened her posture and raised her hand to begin counting on her fingers.

"Me, obviously. Amos. You, Lacy. Ominis, Grace. Sebastian. And Mia."

"I'm not sure how I'm going to handle both Amos and Sebastian!" Heather whined.

"You're going to be nice, Heather," Lacy scolded.

"Yes, you are!" Rose agreed. "I'm not sure what Amos did to you, but he is my boyfriend. I can't not ask him! And Sebastian and I go to the festival every year. It's our tradition."

Heather huffed as she simmered her thoughts before speaking again.

"I assume I can be nice... but only if they're nice to me."

"Surely they will be, Heather," Lacy replied.

"The worst thing that will happen is Sebastian pulling your leg, but you know how he is! And Amos won't do anything, I swear."

"Alright, alright," Heather grumbled, defeated. She had lost that small argument.

"Thank you," Lacy whispered with a soft smile.

Heather waved her off as she and the other girls finished their breakfast. They returned to their common room to change and bundle up into their winter attire before meeting the group at the North Exit.

Rosalie waved to Sebastian, Ominis, and Grace as she, Lacy, and Heather approached them in the cold. They were standing near the iron gate that stood outside the Quidditch Pitch.