𝐹𝑜𝓇𝓉𝓎-𝒮𝒾𝓍: 𝑅𝒶𝓈𝒽 𝒞𝑜𝓃𝒻𝓁𝒾𝒸𝓉𝓈

As the weeks went by, the air became colder, the snow started falling, and the closer to midterm examinations it became. Rosalie and Sebastian were working together for far longer hours than they had originally planned; although, it is helping their relationship. The more time she spent with the 'new' Sebastian, the more comfortable she became. It was finally tolerable, and she didn't mind him now. However, the more attention the mentorship needed, the less time Rose spent with Amos.

She missed him. She missed going to Hogsmeade with him in the afternoons. She missed sneaking away to the field by the river for a few hours even though it was cold out. She missed his warm embrace and his gentle smile.

But her future was solely riding on this mentorship. Rosalie tried explaining to Amos that she needed to focus on this. Every time she had to turn him down, he got extremely upset and refused to listen to her explanations. The only time they've gotten to spend together was at lunch on Sunday before she hurried off to the Room to study for the mentorship lesson and her own classes.

He always quizzed her.

'Where are you going now?'

'Who are you meeting with?'

A majority of the time, she was alone. Rose rarely spoke to Sebastian outside of class; it was only a couple of hours a day, at most, on Thursdays and Fridays... and most Saturdays... and anytime they needed to catch up on their assignments.

It had become any day at any time they needed to work together; which was increasing by the week. She needed to face the truth and accept that it was nearly an everyday occurrence. She couldn't just sneak off to the Room by herself; he would always be there working as well.

Rosalie still couldn't find a way to tell Amos. She knew she was wrong for hiding a major detail about her life from him. She was now spending more time with her once, supposedly thrilling and romantic partner than her actual significant other because they both agreed to take a mentorship that could open many doors for their future.

But also, she was hiding many, many major details about her life. All of it pertained to her Ancient Magic she so desperately tried to hide, and the fact that she's still a Keeper. The professors knew about her magic, but only one living, breathing human knew about the Keepers... and that is Sebastian.

Every time Rosalie had to lie to Amos, it crushed a part of her. She hated to lie to him. She wanted to tell him the truth; she needed to tell him the truth. It had been over a month since their relationship had blossomed into something serious. She could see a long, beautiful future with him. That's why she needed to tell him. Her guilt was driving her mad; it was nearly eating her alive. She was innocent in it all. She had no feelings or affection towards Sebastian anymore. She mostly only cared for him simply because she loved his sister. It would make for a terrible fight, but it eventually has to be done.

~ * * ˏˋ ☾ ˎˊ * * ~

"Expelliarmus!"

Sebastian's wand was knocked out of his hand and it clattered onto the ground.

"Hmph, nice dueling, Lillian!" Sebastian chuckled.

"Thank you, Sebastian," the small girl smiled.

Sebastian picked his wand off the ground with a small groan, "That completes today's lesson. Great work, everyone! Class is dismissed."

The sound of books slamming shut and children chatting echoed through the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom as the students exited.

"Don't forget to study up on Flipendo! That will be our lesson next week!" Rosalie called out to the occupied students.

"I think they're warming up to you," Sebastian smirked.