𝐹𝒾𝒻𝓉𝓎-𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃: 𝒫𝓇𝑜𝓅𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝑒𝒶𝒸𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈

Sebastian sat at the base of the staircase in the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom cross legged, engaged, and admiring Rosalie as she lectured the Second-Year students.

"Now, the Smokescreen Spell can be very helpful when dueling or fighting enemies. The incantation is Fumos! Everyone, repeat after me. Fumos!"

"Fumos!" the class mimicked.

"Once more, please. Fumos!"

"Fumos!"

"Wonderful! I'm hoping everyone has studied their material. Who can tell me what the color of the emitting light is? Yes, Jade?"

"It's gray, Miss Rosalie!" the excited child, Jade, answered.

"Correct! Now, I will show you the hand movement. Everyone, watch closely!"

Rosalie pulled her wand out from her robe pocket and raised it high in the air. She swirled her hand in a swift spiral motion.

"Did everyone see? Just once more, then I will demonstrate."

Rose raised her hand again and demonstrated the hand movement. The students watched closely and intently as they mentally prepared themselves to cast this spell.

"Alright, class! Let's get up out of our seats so we can begin practicing!"

The students stood up from their desks and made their way to the back of the classroom. Rosalie swished her wand, as Professor Hecat has done plenty of times before, and moved the desks against the classroom walls. She then Accio'ed ten dummies and spaced them out evenly for the First-Year students.

"I want everyone to pick a partner and line up evenly with the dummies," Rosalie announced.

The students chattered and scrambled to thoroughly choose their partner and the test dummy. Once lined up, the silence overtook the room as they respectfully waited for Rosalie's further instructions.

She smiled at her students as she scanned each of their faces; ambitious, anxious, curious.

"Now, students. We are going to practice what we learned today. Do not get discouraged if you do not cast Fumos the first time. We're here to learn. We're here to grow. We will practice until we perfect it! Okay, wands at the ready!"

The first set of ten students raised their wands and readied them at the competitive dummies.

"On your mark!" Rose called out.

The students began trying to cast the smokescreen spell. Some, of course, succeeded the first time; the others needed a few moments or extra help.

"Great work, Jade!

Swirl your wand a bit faster, Klaus. Then you'll have it!

Oh, amazing incantation, Emery! Quite fierce!

Just amazing all around everyone!"

All of the students excelled in their magic today. After perfecting their movements and incantation, Rosalie dismissed the class.

"Amazing work as always, everyone! Keep practicing! I can't wait to see what all you accomplish next week when we practice Glacius!"

Rosalie and Sebastian waved the students goodbye, and she fixed the classroom. She moved the desks and seats back into their place and put away the training dummies. Rosalie strolled to the front of the classroom to meet Sebastian with a satisfied grin on her face.

"Another perfect lesson," Sebastian commented, feeding into her basking glory.

"It feels so natural now."