𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎-𝒯𝓌𝑜: 𝒮𝒾𝓍𝓉𝒽-𝒴𝑒𝒶𝓇 𝐹𝒾𝓃𝒶𝓁𝓈

Author's Note:
Header by @mariarcs on Pinterest!

Hello everyone! I just want everyone to be aware that this is my longest chapter to date, charting at 9030 words. I'm sorry that it's so long, but the way this chapter is set up, it wouldn't flow correctly if I split it up. So grab you a good snack, something to drink, and find a cozy spot. Oh! And buckle up. You're not prepared for what's going to happen!

~ * * ˏˋ ˎˊ * * ~

Rosalie woke far earlier than the other girls in the dormitory. She glanced out the window from her four poster bed; it was still dark out but the sun was starting the break upon the horizon. She rolled over to check the time on her analog clock, '5:02' it read. She curled into her pillow for a moment.

It was Monday morning, which began final examinations. This week was the most important week for Rosalie. She needed to score highly on her examinations in order to have a successful future. She felt sick to her stomach from the anxiety. Everything she's gone through over the past two school years can't be for nothing.

Rose rolled onto her back to look at the ceiling. She was no longer tired, and although she wasn't quite ready to get out of bed, she wanted to study as much as she could before class started. With a quiet groan and a heavy sigh, Rosalie forced herself out of bed. She quietly changed and grabbed her leather bag, and made her way into the common room to sit by the fireplace, drink a cup of tea, and start studying for her final examinations.

~ * * ˏˋ ˎˊ * * ~

Rosalie studied in her common room for as long as she possibly could before heading to class. She skipped breakfast in the Great Hall to study longer, and opted for an apple to eat along the way to Charms class; she disapparated the core once she was finished.

She entered the classroom and sat at her desk with Poppy, giving her a small smile as she sat down.

"Are you okay?" Poppy asked.

"Just nervous," Rose replied shortly.

"You're going to do great, Rose. Don't be nervous," she smiled.

"Thank you, Poppy. You as well," she replied as she nervously pulled at her robe sleeves.

Rose stared blankly in front of her, trying not to psyche herself out.

'Everything will go smoothly,' she told herself, now twiddling her thumbs together under the desk.

The last few students shuffled into the classroom, Sebastian being one of them. He hurried to his desk in front of Rose, and he gave her a large smile as he sat down.

"You'll do great," he whispered before turning around in his seat.

A moment later, Professor Ronan opened his office door and walked down the staircase that led into the classroom.

"Good morning, class! Today is the day you've been working long, hard hours for," he announced as he walked through the center aisle. "You will be taking your Sixth-Year NEWT-Level Final Examination!"

Most of the students groaned with disappointment.

"Ahem, well, moving along. You do have some rules you will need to follow. Number one: you will use my parchment paper only. Number two: you will use my quills only," he continued as he swished his wand and the quills and parchment paper started floating from his desk in the center of the classroom to the student's desk. "Now, fair warning, class. The quills are enchanted, once time expires, you will no longer be allowed to write. This will prevent cheating as we move on to rule number three: once you finish or once your time is expired, you will line up outside my office to showcase one nonverbal spell. The catch is, I will assign it to you once you've entered my office," he smirked.