𝐹𝑜𝓊𝓇: 𝒦𝒾𝓃𝑔'𝓈 𝒞𝓇𝑜𝓈𝓈 𝒮𝓉𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃

Author's Note:
Picture by @DariaLexandra97 on Pinterest!

~ * * ˏˋ ☾ ˎˊ * * ~

Over the course of three weeks, Rosalie regained some of her appetite and was able to sleep more. Well, she was sleeping when she wasn't having nightmares. They started around two weeks ago. It was always the same nightmare with the same ending. She was back in the repository on the day she defeated Ranrok, but she wasn't battling. Instead, she was standing on top of a small rocky cliff; she felt different, she looked different. Rosalie caught a reflection of herself in a small puddle on the rocky floor. Her eyes, once a beautiful hazel, now a glowing crimson red. Rosalie felt her anxiety in her chest, in her head, in her arms, her legs, her whole body. She was shaking. She slowly stood to her feet and turned around to see her surroundings. Behind her, underneath the rocky cliff, laid thousands of goblins, students, and professors. All of this bloodshed was caused by the hands of ancient magic. All these lives are gone by the most powerful magic the Wizarding World has ever seen. Rose couldn't move, she couldn't think, she couldn't even scream.

Rosalie shot up in her bed. Her head was spinning. She was about to have another anxiety attack.

Rose ran straight into her bathroom, she couldn't hold it in any longer. After an appalling few minutes over the toilet, she walked over to her bathroom sink and washed her face with cold water. She looked at herself in the mirror: her eyes had sunken in and were gray underneath, her face was much skinnier than she's ever seen before. She couldn't recognize herself. If there was one way to describe how she looked as a whole, it would be an inferi.

Rosalie returned to her room and made her way over to her alcove. She loved sitting here in the mornings and watching the city of London come to life. Rose truly loved her city and her home, but it was all tainted by the memories of her parents. She always dreamed of getting a higher education and returning here when she was a bit older. She always dreamed she would buy a nice, cozy townhouse. She wanted to be a writer, or a painter, or maybe work for the local paper. She wanted to erase all of the terrible memories her parents created for her and rewrite new ones to remember. But this fantasy was all before she went to Hogwarts. Before she found out about her magic and felt completed; and before she met Sebastian. She knew she was crazy for even thinking about a life together so young. They weren't even courting! She didn't know how he felt, but she knew how she felt about him. The way she cared for him was more than just friendly. Sebastian always knew the perfect words to say, the perfect way to make her laugh. He knew her favorite color was blue; not like a topaz blue but blue like the sky on a sunny day. Her and Sebastian have been through so much together the past year. Everything he knew about her and everything they've gone through only deepened how much she cared for him.

After a bit of daydreaming in the alcove, Rosalie was startled by the sound of her alarm clock. Nine-o'clock. Her happiness started to rain over her. It was almost time to head to King's Cross Station. Rosalie took a quick shower and changed into a lovely black dress with a golden leaf corset. She tied half her hair up with a black bow. She took one last look in the mirror, exhaled a deep breath, and smiled to herself.

"It's going to get better," she whispered, trying to convince herself.

Rosalie grabbed her trunk and ran downstairs. She called for her parents to tell them goodbye.

"Mother. Father. I'm leaving."

There was no reply.

"Hello?" Rosalie yelled out again.

No reply.

Her parents had left her alone. They could have woken her up. Was she awake when they left? Goodness, she's been up for hours! They could've simply called her downstairs and told her goodbye. They didn't even have the decency to leave a note.