𝐹𝑜𝓇𝓉𝓎-𝒪𝓃𝑒: 𝒩𝑒𝓌 𝒫𝑒𝓇𝓈𝓅𝑒𝒸𝓉𝒾𝓋𝑒

Author's Note:
Header by @stephenrice97 on Pinterest!

Author's Note:Header by @stephenrice97 on Pinterest!

Amos Isaacs
Picture by @immaryamf on Pinterest!

~ * * ˏˋ ☾ ˎˊ * * ~

All is fair in love and poetry...

Rosalie stared at herself in the tall standing mirror in her dormitory. She was feeling rather elated from the news that Hogwarts will be hosting another masquerade ball this year on Halloween, and possibly the fact she was about to go on her 'date' with Amos. She still couldn't bring herself to call this trip into Hogsmeade a date. Amos hadn't called it a date or asked her specifically on a date. This was just two acquaintances spending the afternoon together to get to know each other. Acquaintances who give each other a kiss on the cheek when they greet each other or when they leave.

Rosalie groaned in the mirror, 'Who am I kidding?'

This was positively a date even though neither one of them mentioned it. They were much more than acquaintances but not yet friends; they were much more than friendly but not yet courting. It was too confusing to label just yet, but the excitement and enthusiasm of starting over was dragging her in head first.

A small knock came from the dormitory door.

"Come in," Rosalie called out shakily, her nerves beginning to set in.

Lacy and Heather entered their room all giddy with smiles plastered across their faces.

"He's here, Rose!" Heather sang.

Rosalie inhaled and exhaled shakily as she smoothed out the bottom on her blue dress. Lacy came up behind her and hugged her from behind, looking at her through the mirror.

"You look lovely!"

Rosalie placed a loving hand on Lacy's arm that was wrapped around her, "Watch out, you'll give me a big head," she giggled.

"Oh, you already have that," Heather jested. "Here, Lace, put this in her hair."

"What?"

"It's just a white ribbon, Rose," Lacy smiled as she pulled half of Rosalie's long, blonde hair back. "I also suggest bringing a light jumper or cardigan. The wind is a bit chilly this afternoon."

Rosalie released another deep exhale, "I appreciate your help."

"Rosalie, you know we're always going to be here for you," Lacy replied.

"She's right. Plus," Heather paused as she jumped onto her bed to lay on her stomach, "we're very excited for you today."

Rosalie smiled through her nerves and a soft blushed appeared on her cheeks.

"I'm very excited, but I'm so nervous. What if I'm too awkward and say all the wrong things? What if he doesn't want to read the books I love, or what if he's too prim and loves to follow the rules? And what if-"