𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎: 𝒜𝓅𝓇𝒾𝓁 𝒮𝒽𝑜𝓌𝑒𝓇𝓈 𝒮𝓅𝓇𝑜𝓊𝓉𝓈 𝑀𝒶𝓎 𝐹𝓁𝑜𝓌𝑒𝓇𝓈

Rosalie laid under the oak tree by the Black Lake. May had finally arrived. It was warm, dry, and sunny; the polar opposite of the month of April in the highlands. She was reading The Picture of Dorian Gray while trying to relax with the little time she had. Between her classes, teaching, homework assignments, studying for her upcoming NEWTs, and trying to manage time for her friends, she couldn't breathe. She never made time for just her anymore; she never made time to just enjoy what time she had left at the old, magical pile of stone. It seemed the end of the year was approaching too swiftly, and in the blink of an eye, life at Hogwarts would be over too soon.

Rose was taking advantage of the longer days and decided to stay by the lake for as long as she could before supper time; although she wasn't eating much these days. Not from lack of appetite, but lack of time to fit in a meal. And today was no different. She doubted she'll even make it inside in time to eat, but rather go straight to the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom to teach her fellow classmates how to cast a corporeal patronus. So far, she was unsuccessful in teaching just one person how to cast it. It felt degrading and disappointing. She couldn't imagine being a professor since she was proving to be a terrible teacher. The only person who has came close to casting a corporeal patronus was Dina Zelle, but that wasn't surprising since she's an insufferable know-it-all. Rose tried her best to not let it get to her, but sometimes, she couldn't help but feel extremely overwhelmed.

Rosalie had finished chapter eight of her book as the sun began to set. She checked her pocket watch; her assumption was correct, it was too late to stop and eat supper before the lessons. She couldn't be upset at anyone other than herself. Self sabotage at its finest. She sighed heavily as she packed her belongings into her leather bag and threw her house robe back on. She walked along the coast to enjoy what little time she had left in the fresh air. As she trekked her way to the castle, her stomach began grumbling louder. Usually when she skipped a meal, it still wasn't this obnoxious. Did she eat lunch? Or did she skip that meal today, too? Rose couldn't keep up with herself anyone; her brain was too preoccupied and her days blurred together. As she made her way through the doors, she forcibly drug her feet in the direction of the Defense Against the Dark Arts Tower and opposite of the Great Hall.

~ * * ˏˋ ˎˊ * * ~

"I'm just not sure if I'm fit for this, Professor," Rose complained as she paced in Professor Hecat's office.

"Miss Rivers, if I didn't think you were fit for it, then I would've never asked you to do it."

"But, no one has casted their corporeal patronus under my teachings."

"Miss Rivers," Professor Hecat started as she placed a loving hand on Rose's shoulder, "you are doing an excellent job. I see you teach, I hear you explain everything. You have a natural gift for it, which isn't surprising."

"But, Professor-"

"But nothing. You have to remember that you are the most powerful witch to come through Hogwarts in a long time. Don't degrade yourself simply because you're ahead of your class."

Rosalie gave Professor Hecat a soft smile and looked at her shyly, "Okay, Professor. I'll try to keep that in mind."

"You're doing excellent, one day you just might take my position," she smirked.

Rosalie wasn't sure if teaching and becoming a professor was her best fit. Yes, she did defeat multiple evil and dark wizards, and an evil goblin at the ripe age of sixteen, but she didn't feel experienced enough to become such an important figure. All she managed to do was smile at Professor Hecat's kind words. At least she still believed Rose was destined for a great future.