𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎-𝐹𝒾𝓋𝑒: 𝐼𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒮𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌 𝑜𝒻 𝒟𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃𝓈

Sebastian was up and down all throughout the night and into the morning. He never fully slept; every time he closed his eyes, he relived the tragic moment that haunted the rest of his life.

27 February, 1891.

One year ago.

The night he killed Solomon.

The night he tried to cure Anne. The night Rosalie came to the catacombs to save him from a huge mistake. The night Solomon showed up ready to kill, but instead, his fate was reversed. The night he thought he lost Anne forever. And the night, his oldest friend twisted the story so he could stay out of Azkaban.

It was nearly four-o'clock in the morning. Sebastian couldn't torture himself anymore, so he decided to quietly sneak into the common room to clear his head. He threw on his bathrobe over his white pajama shirt and green pajama pants, he slipped on his house slippers, and exited out the creaky dormitory door. He walked through the long corridor with his footsteps softly echoing. Sebastian slumped into the couch in front of the fireplace and tried to breathe. His chest felt extremely heavy, like there was ten tons of bricks just sitting there. Suffocating him.

'I won't let her suffer...'

He leaned his head on the back of the couch as tears silently rolled down his cheeks.

'I won't let her suffer...'

His mind wouldn't let him forget it no matter how hard he tried.

'I won't let her suffer...'

But now, thank Merlin, she isn't...

~ * * ˏˋ ☾ ˎˊ * * ~

The hours seemed to go by like minutes, and it was already seven-o'clock. The Slytherin students were flocking to the common room before breakfast. Sebastian decided he should at least change his clothes and look decent, even if he didn't attend his classes today. Today was too tough, too heavy. He wouldn't be able to focus on anything, and he didn't feel like stacking up a few detentions for his lack of attention.

Sebastian returned to his dormitory, and was startled by Ominis's appearance.

"Whew, mate. You scared me," he said as he walked over to his wardrobe.

Ominis tucked his bedsheets into his mattress as he made his bed, "I was wondering where you had gone."

"Just to the common room. Not far," he chuckled.

There was a moment of silence as Ominis finished making his bed, then turned to sit on the edge of the mattress.

"Are you okay?" he finally asked.

Sebastian froze with his white button-up in his hands.

'No. Today is a horrible reminder,' he thought but couldn't find the courage to say.

"I'm fine, mate," he said forcibly.

"I won't pry, Sebastian, but I remember what today is. I just wanted to check on you," Ominis replied somberly, a chill going down his spine at the haunting memory.

Sebastian started changing into his school uniform without saying another word.

"I won't be able to cover your absence for your morning class, but if you'd want to skip Arithmancy this afternoon, I can surely make up something," Ominis continued.

Sebastian looked at Ominis over his shoulder with tears forming in his eyes, "I would appreciate that. Thank you."

Ominis softly smiled at his oldest friend, "You're very welcome. I'm going to the Great Hall to meet Grace. You should join us, you need to eat something."