𝐹𝑜𝓇𝓉𝓎-𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃: 𝑅𝑒𝓈𝓉𝓇𝒾𝒸𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃𝓈

It had been over a week since Amos, Rose, and Sebastian's little 'incident'. Amos had apologized profusely to Rosalie, and has asked her multiple times to let Sebastian know he sends him his regards. On top of the apologies, Amos has been treating her better than usual. He's been carrying her books to class, even if his class is on the opposite side of the castle. He's found a way to arrive early to meals while also staying late just to spend time with her.

Despite his best efforts, Rosalie was still upset with him even though she knew he was sorry. He attacked Sebastian so quickly and unprovoked; she couldn't help but view him a little differently now. He wasn't as perfect as she once thought.

She still hadn't allowed him access to the Room. It was the one lonely place she had where she could find some relief. Amos was suffocating her with apologetic affections. It seemed they were amping to have another important conversation. It was to the point where Rose wanted Amos to return to his old self. His old, attentive and affectionate self without it being pushy or feeling fraudulent. He was perfect the way he was before the fight, at least he was in her eyes. She missed the Amos who would paint her portraits and sceneries... and plan long picnics... and read the books she loved. He was still there, except it came with baggage. Extremely uncomfortable and overwhelming baggage.

On the other hand and the sensitive subject of the matter, between both the excessive amount of time they've spent together and him budding into a better person, Rosalie and Sebastian were getting along greatly. While she was still guarded around him on most topics and conversations, their relationship was blossoming into something more special than before. Friendship. Maybe the two of them were better off as strictly friends, and that's why things never worked out between them. It's possible that learning about each other in this state they're in now would be best for them. Both Rosalie and Sebastian have been growing into new people since that night in July. They are both in a new and mature stage in their life. Hopefully one day Rose can fully put the small grudge she still held against him behind her. Until then, they will continue to work on themselves while also working together. She constantly reminded herself to not get it twisted from the past, but also allowed herself to follow the new path this relationship was going.

~ * * ˏˋ ☾ ˎˊ * * ~

Midterm examinations began on Monday; it was the final countdown and crunch time. She was stressed between wanting to pass her own examinations and praying to Merlin that her First and Second-Years will pass theirs. Rosalie and Sebastian stood out from their peers and would be graded very differently from the rest. Their Defense Against the Dark Arts midterm examination also included how well the other students did under their Mentorship. Each Monday, she had been trying to find new ways for them to learn how to properly study and remember the material. The First-Years seemed to hang on to her every word, which was greatly important for them. The Second-Years however... none of them seemed to ever listen to her. Those children were all about Sebastian. They were practically obsessed with him! He put on the show that he was the 'fun' mentor even though Rose did nothing to indicate she was boring.

It was Friday afternoon and Rosalie had retreated to the Room of Requirement to endlessly study until supper. She was sitting at the dining table in the center of the room studying away when she heard the door creak open. Rose glanced at the familiar figure walking in. He held that same mischievous smile he's recently welcomed back.

"Sebastian," Rose greeted first; her eyes remained scanning her textbook.

"Rosalie," he replied joyously. "Still studying?"

"As always."

Sebastian made his way over to the table. He placed his palms on the edge of it to prop himself up opposite of her.