𝐹𝑜𝓇𝓉𝓎: 𝐼𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒮𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌 𝑜𝒻 𝒮𝒾𝓁𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑒𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓈

Author's Note:
Header by @tkmscorsone on Twitter!

Also a huge thank you to everyone who had commented their input on the poll!

~ * * ˏˋ ˎˊ * * ~

Sebastian woke up groggy and irritated. It was the morning of 24 September 1892.

His eighteenth birthday.

He hadn't planned on doing anything. Or even mentioning the fact that it was his special day. Birthdays were no longer enjoyable since this past summer.

The night before, Sebastian had sent a letter out to Anne to wish her a happy birthday. This past year had truly strengthened their bond. They had finally put the past behind them. Especially now since she was getting worse.

Sebastian slung his bedsheets off of his body and raised up to sit on the edge of his mattress. He wiped the tiredness from his eyes and looked around the room. Ominis usually waits for him, even when he sleeps in, but it seems he was already gone to breakfast, along with the rest of the other Seventh-Years they shared a dormitory with.

He groaned as he stood up from his bed. Maybe he should skip today's classes and just lay back down. The idea sounded great, and he would give anything to just pretend he didn't exist today. But sadly, he had to attend. He had Defense Against the Dark Arts class and couldn't make a more terrible impression on Professor Hecat than he already had. He needed that letter of recommendation.

Sebastian changed into his Slytherin uniform: a white button-up shirt, a satin green vest with a matching tie, and a pair of black slacks. His tussled, curly, brown locks were a bit longer than he liked, but he hadn't made time to head to Madam Snelling's in Hogsmeade. He did his best to smooth it out. He threw on his house robe and walked straight to the Great Hall. He should still have time to eat before class starts.

The Great Hall was a bit more empty than usual; it was only because it was so late into the morning, a majority of students had already begun walking to class. Sebastian sat down in front of Ominis and Grace who were finishing up their cups of tea.

"Good morning, Sebastian. Glad to see you're finally awake," Ominis greeted.

"Morning, Ominis, Grace," he forced.

"Good morning, Sebastian!" she sweetly smiled. "Happy birthday," she whispered.

Sebastian flashed her a small smile, "Thank you," he muttered.

He began making a plate of toast with butter and scrambled eggs with a small cup of tea.

"So... any plans for today?" Grace asked cautiously.

"No," Sebastian replied shortly.

"Alright," she replied and nudged Ominis.

"I don't want to do anything today besides attend class. And I don't even want to do that," he scoffed.

"So, you don't want to celebrate your eighteenth birthday?" Ominis asked.

"Absolutely not," Sebastian hissed. "It's not the same anymore."

"We were going to ask if you'd want to go to Hogsmeade this evening and maybe grab a couple butterbeers at the Three Broomsticks. Are you sure?" Grace pried.

"I appreciated the thought, but I do not want to do anything. The two of you should go, though."

"If you change your mind, please let me know. But we need to head to class, Sebastian. I suggest you hurry up," Ominis commented as he stood up.