𝐹𝒾𝒻𝓉𝓎-𝐹𝒾𝓋𝑒: 𝐼𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒮𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌 𝑜𝒻 𝒜𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉𝒶𝓃𝒸𝑒

27 February 1893

Sebastian had tossed and turned throughout the night. He hadn't had a single nightmare in so long, but tonight... he could barely sleep a lick. He would be awakened by the nightmare that was the dreadful killing of Solomon Sallow. I guess no matter how fast you run, you can never escape your past.

But at the time, Sebastian was a sixteen-year-old kid who thought he was doing what was right in the world. Anne was sick, but now she's far worse. All he was trying to do was cure her, but Solomon took it a step too far. Instead of calming the situation down, his rage fueled the fire. He attacked Sebastian. He attacked Rosalie. His venomous words blamed her for Sebastian's doing. She tried her best to stop Sebastian from searching for a cure, but Sebastian, being as stubborn as he is, didn't listen. It was all in the moment; it was too rash and too harsh, too heavy and too much.

Solomon wasn't a good man. He wasn't a good parental figure. He wasn't a good Auror.

He was a nasty tosser who held a grudge against Sebastian over his father. His father was a wonderful man, and more of a man than Solomon ever thought about being. How could a great person let jealousy and loathsome dictate how you treat an orphaned child? How could you be entirely too hungry to have the upper hand and attack their friends? How could you just give up trying to find a cure for your niece?

There were too many questions that were left unanswered, but it's for the better. Sebastian has solely relied on himself, Anne, Rosalie, and Ominis for guidance until this year when Professor Hecat stepped into place.

Sebastian sat up in his bed and rubbed his temples; he wasn't necessarily upset about the anniversary, but he also hated thinking about it. Anything to do with Solomon always stressed him out, that's why he never spoke about it. Sebastian was just thankful he's come to terms with the entire situation. It was a terrible mistake. He hasn't touched the Dark Arts since, and he had Rosalie to thank for that. It was true when he said she always pulled him out of the darkness; she was his light, and he always looked for the light.

Sebastian decided to get up for the day. He didn't plan on attending his classes, though. It wasn't for mourning, but he simply didn't feel up to dealing with the heavy air that hung over him. Even if he's moved on, the dread was still present.

He freshened up in the bathroom and got dressed before returning to his empty dormitory. Everyone had ventured off to the Great Hall or to their morning classes. So what could Sebastian get into today?

Lay in bed all day? Sneak into the Restricted Section? Go for a walk into the Forbidden Forest? Sit by the Black Lake? Venture into Hogsmeade?

Professor Weasley knew about the Room of Requirement, so that was out of the question. The Undercroft still haunts Sebastian to this day; he hasn't stepped foot inside it since the end of Fifth-Year. The safest option for Sebastian was to lay low away from the castle. The Prefects and professors could easily catch him if he hung around.

He pulled on his black pea coat and began his way out of the Slytherin common room, quieting his footsteps as he went and becoming cautious around every corner. The common room was eerily quiet but peaceful. Sebastian was used to the moonlight shining in from Black Lake through the windows, but the sunlight changed the entire scenery. It was warm and bright instead of cool and mysterious; it was almost as if it was a hopeful sign. His life had drastically changed over the course of two years but for the better... in most ways.

Sebastian needed to continue on; he didn't have time to reflect on his evolved past in the common room. He'll venture out of the castle and find a place to sit and relax, maybe even read a book. Who knows what he'd get into today.