𝒩𝒾𝓃𝑒𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃: 𝐹𝑜𝓇𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓂𝑜𝓇𝑒

Author's Note:
Please play after the fifth page break!
<3

Taylor Swift - evermore (feat. Bon Iver)

~ * * ˏˋ ☾ ˎˊ * * ~

Gray November. All the leaves had fallen, the air was cold and crisp, and the small fire in Rosalie's soul was the only thing to keep her warm inside the castle walls. The high from Halloween has finally dwindled down into realization, but it would be too hurtful to lose him again. If Rosalie could only have him as a friend, she would accept it. They've been spending a bit more time together. Studying, working on assignments. At the end of the day, he'd always run back to her. So Rosalie took all the time she could ever get. And although she was torturing herself, she couldn't help but still love him.

December was around the corner. Headmaster Black had announced that NEWT-leveled classes would be taking a 'midterm' exam to show their progress. On top of new assignments, now Rosalie had to review dozens of chapters from the past four months. She still had time, because midterm exams weren't taking place until the week before holiday leave. But tragically, four weeks of studying didn't sound logical or possible.

It was the last Monday morning of November. Rosalie ate breakfast in the Great Hall with Lacy and Heather. She didn't know how it happened, but they've become her closest friends. Poppy and Adelaide were too distracted with Garreth and Leander, Grace and Ominis were always with Sebastian and Nellie, and Natty still wasn't allowed to be friends with Rose. Maybe it was the lack of people, but they truly were the greatest friends. Rosalie felt so lucky to have them.

Heather was still on her high of defeating Slytherin in their quidditch match from last weekend. She was discussing strategies and game plans while Lacy pretended to listen to her rambles.

"It's definitely going to come down between us and Slytherin for the Quidditch Cup. I mean, we are the two best teams."

"Right," Lacy replied unenthusiastically.

"They destroyed Ravenclaw this past weekend. And we'll beat Gryffindor this coming weekend!"

"Mhmm," she sipped her tea.

"Ugh! You could at least try to act interested," Heather scoffed and crossed her arms.

"Heather, I'm sorry. It's just I've heard about it everyday for a week!"

"Because I play the sport!"

"Alright, we're changing the subject!" Rosalie intervened.

"Fine! How's your 'study sessions' with Sebastian going?" Heather asked with air quotes.

Rosalie rolled her eyes, "We are studying. What else would we be doing?"

"Snogging, if I had to guess," Heather replied cockily.

"Heather! He has a girlfriend!" Lacy yelled.

"Yeah, which would stop Sebastian Sallow, right?"

"It might be a surprise to you, Heather, but Sebastian and I are just friends," Rosalie replied, trying to hide her disappointment.

"With you two's history, there's no 'just friends'. Besides, I see how he still looks at you."

"Heather, stop feeding into, please. I'm trying to get over him. He's perfectly happy with Nellie and I have to accept that."