𝐸𝓁𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃: 𝒞𝒶𝓃 𝐼 𝐻𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒟𝒶𝓃𝒸𝑒?

Rosalie woke Saturday morning feeling refreshed after some much needed sleep; the first time she's actually slept through the night in almost two months. Her first week of Sixth-Year was finally over and she couldn't wait to relax on her much needed weekend. She rolled out of bed and went to the bathroom to get ready for the day. She put on a long-sleeved brown dress with a cream corset.

Rose sat with Poppy, Adelaide, and Lacy at the Hufflepuff table in the Great Hall for breakfast.

"Poppy, I swear to Merlin, Garreth was one-hundred-percent flirting with you last night!" Lacy exclaimed.

Poppy blushed," Lacy, don't be delusional, he was not!"

"I'm not the delusional one at all! Rose, tell her!"

Rosalie laughed. "Poppy, I believe he was. I mean, he said 'you'll have to try my next batch of potions' with a wink."

"Well, that doesn't mean anything! That's just Garreth being Garreth!"

"But Poppy, when you mentioned that 'all of us' would love to, he said he just wanted it to just the two of you!" Adelaide interjected.

Poppy started blushing and put her face into her hands. "You guys are delusional," she said muffled.

The girls started laughing but quickly became silent when Headmaster Black approached his golden podium and cleared his throat.

"Ahem! Settle down, settle down. I have a few important announcements to make," he looked around to make sure everyone was paying attention. "This is a reminder that Quidditch tryouts will begin a week from tomorrow. Please be hopeful that we do not have another incident," he said, gritting his teeth and side-eying Professor Kogawa at the professors dining table. "Now, onto bigger news," Headmaster Black cleared his throat again. "This year on Halloween night, the professors and I have decided to host a masquerade ball!"

The Great Hall was filled with gasps and cheers from the students.

"Quiet! As I was saying, there shall be no funny business between now and then. Or I will quickly take this from you."

Headmaster Black stepped away from the podium and returned to his chair at the dining table. The Great Hall erupted into massive chatter. Rosalie was very excited. Soon, she will be experiencing her first Hogwarts Ball. Actually, her first ball ever. She turned her head slightly to peek over her shoulder at the Slytherin table across the room. Sebastian had a huge smile on his face and was talking animatedly to Ominis and Grace. Rosalie drifted into a daydream about her and Sebastian at the ball and tuned out the girls' conversation around her.

"We have to go to Hogsmeade to get our ballgowns today!" exclaimed Lacy.

"That's a wonderful idea. Let's go after we finish our breakfast!" Adelaide replied.

"This is going to be so wonderful! What do you think Rosalie, are you excited?" Poppy asked, turning towards her. "Rosalie? Rose!" Poppy raised her voice and poked her arm.

"Hmm? What? Sorry," she said turning her attention back to the girls and they started laughing.

"We're going to Hogsmeade after breakfast to get our gowns, you included," Lacy smirked.

"That sounds great," Rosalie replied. "Someone should ask Heather so she's not alone all day."

"I'll ask her but she was in a mood this morning. Hateful 'ole bat," Lacy cursed under her breathe.

"Actually, do you mind if I ask Grace to go with us, too?" Rosalie asked now turning her head towards the Slytherin table again.

"Grace, as in Pinch-Smedley?" Adelaide asked, seemingly confused.