𝐹𝑜𝓇𝓉𝓎-𝒯𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒: 𝐼𝓃 𝐵𝑒𝓉𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝐿𝒾𝓃𝑒𝓈

Author's Note:
Header by @suhovievakrestina777 on Pinterest!

Please play after the second page break!

Gracie Abrams - In Between

~ * * ˏˋ ☾ ˎˊ * * ~

It has been a rather strange couple of weeks for Rosalie. She had been spending plenty more time with Sebastian than she'd hoped to have bargained for, but it was all in the sake of their future. She wanted their friendship to be strictly based on their mentorship and studies. Rosalie honestly didn't think she could ever be as close to him again as she once was. No more trekking into Hogsmeade together for the afternoon, no more jesting around in the Room of Requirement late at night instead of studying, and definitely no more spending their evenings together under the large oak tree by the lake. Their reconciliation comes with boundaries that she refuses to let him cross.

It was Saturday morning. Rosalie was deep into her studies in the Room. She was writing an essay about the Langlock jinx when Sebastian bursted through the door.

"Rosalie, you're bailing on me again?"

She heavily sighed as she continued writing, "No, Sebastian. I'm simply going on a date with Amos this afternoon. If I was bailing on you, then I wouldn't have asked you to meet me here."

"But this is the third time this week you've either canceled or cut our planning short!"

Rosalie sat her quill down and looked up at Sebastian frustratedly.

"Sebastian, I have a life outside of our studies. I'm not going to lock myself in here like I did everyday last year!" she explained sternly. "Now, I have a couple of hours before I have to leave. We can either write our essays or work on our mentorship lesson. You choose."

Sebastian was irritated but decided not to push her limit. They were still trying to work everything out, he didn't need to get on her bad side once again. He quietly placed his book, quill, and parchment paper down on the large dining table and sat opposite of her.

"I need to start our Defense Against the Dark Arts essay."

"Alright," she replied.

Rose slid over a couple sheets of parchment paper that was filled with notes.

"I've already studied the chapter. Look over these notes, and if you have questions, just ask me," she said with a forced half-smile.

"Thank you," Sebastian muttered as he took the papers.

Rosalie went back to writing her essay assignment. Sebastian started studying the notes she gave him, but she could feel his sad eyes gazing at her from over the paper. It made a part of her feel uncomfortable because she knew all too well that he was pining for her. At this point, he didn't care to express it. It was always plastered on his face. And this is why a part of her begged herself to not give in. Once she pushed the smallest amount, he pulled. He pulled her right back into his life.

~ * * ˏˋ ☾ ˎˊ * * ~

Rosalie checked the time on her grandfather's pocket watch; two hours had gone by extremely quickly. Rosalie stuffed her essay into her Defense Against the Dark Arts textbook and packed it away into her bag.

"Is it time already?" Sebastian asked, not looking up from his essay assignment.

"It is," she muttered.