𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎-𝐸𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉: 𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓉𝒽-𝒴𝑒𝒶𝓇

Author's Note:
Header by @whoisnaclara on Pinterest!

~ * * ˏˋ ☾ ˎˊ * * ~

It was finally the first official day back at Hogwarts; a bittersweet day, no doubt. The girls were already up and waiting for Rose in the common room. She quickly jumped out of her bed to change into her uniform and robe. As she was changing, she felt like something was missing. She raised her hand to her bare neck; the moonstone necklace no longer held its presence. She deeply sighed as her brain registered she no longer wanted it there, but it a small part of her seemed to. She shook it out of her mind and finished changing to meet the girls downstairs.

The common room was always lovely and lively, but it seemed the first day of classes always made everyone gravitate towards it, especially the First-Years. The warm environment from the plants, the sun shining through the windows, and the cats roaming were the reasons for it being Rosalie's favorite part of the castle. Even at night, it was warm and inviting.

"Good morning!" Rose called as she walked down the spiral staircase.

Lacy and Heather were indistinctly chatting by the fireplace in the Common Room.

"Where's Poppy and Adelaide?" Rose asked as she approached her friends.

Heather scoffed, "They couldn't wait two more minutes before running off to their beloved beaus."

"They're starting this already?" Rose asked. "It's our first day of classes!"

"It's ridiculous if you ask me."

"They're in love, of course they're going to want to be with them any chance they get," Lacy commented.

"But Lacy, I heard from Poppy twice and Adelaide once over the entire summer! And I wrote to them first!" Rose exclaimed.

"She's right, Lace. I hadn't heard from them at all."

Lacy stood there with a sad expression, "I hadn't either. Besides last night at the feast, I hadn't spoken to them since our last day of Sixth-Year."

"See?! So, why are you so quick to defend them?" Heather scoffed again.

"Well, because, Heather, they're still our friends!"

"I could understand defending Poppy, but how can you defend Adelaide wanting to be with that annoying ginger prat?"

"Leander is terrible, but she can't help who she loves! And you also have red hair!"

"But I'm not an annoying, flamboyant, exhausting prat!"

Lacy and Heather began spatting. Rosalie stood there and began regretting feeding into Heather's disgruntlement, but she was also upset. Poppy and Adelaide barely spoke to the three of them nowadays. Even when Rosalie was head over heels about Sebastian, she still managed to find time to spend with her friends. Sometimes she missed being the new student; that was when everyone wanted to spend time with her. Growing older was both a blessing and a curse.

"Okay, okay," Rose interrupted and the girls fell silent. "I know we're all three upset, but let's not let this ruin everything. This is the first day of our last year. And if we only have each other, then so be it!"

Heather crossed her arms and retreated.

"You're right," she sighed. "It's just hurtful."

"I know. I'm hurt, too. Poppy was the first friend I made here besides..." Rose stopped herself before she could rehash the past.

Lacy looked at her somberly and put her arm around Rosalie for comfort, "Listen, we don't need them or boys. All they ever think of is themselves. We have each other."