𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎-𝒩𝒾𝓃𝑒: 𝒫𝓇𝑜𝒻𝑒𝓈𝓈𝑜𝓇'𝓈 𝒫𝑒𝓉𝓈

April had finally arrived, and it brought the rain with it. The highlands alway experienced extreme weather, but Rosalie had forgotten how much it rained during the spring. To her, rain was metaphorically beautiful. It washed away all the dread and despair she had endured. In her eyes, rain was just as magical as her.

A few weeks had passed since Nellie's outburst at her birthday party, and the tension between them all was still high. Sebastian and Rosalie had only seen each other in class. She missed him when she was away from him, but she also knew creating some distance was for the best. It was only temporary in her eyes; eventually, everything would settle and go back to normal, if you could describe a bratty witch who wants you dead 'normal'.

Rosalie stood outside the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. Starting today, Professor Hecat would begin teaching about corporal and incorporal patronuses, and Professor Hecat had sent her and Sebastian a letter asking to meet before class started. Rosalie was nervous about being an example for the spell. She had continued practicing since she learned how to cast it, and her hare patronus was as prominent as ever, but she was afraid her nerves would get the best of her today.

As she waited outside the classroom, she could hear familiar footsteps approaching her from behind. She quickly turned around to see exactly who she expected.

"Excited for today?" Sebastian asked with a grin on his face.

"I am, but I'm not," she chuckled. "Just a bit nervous, I guess."

"Eh, don't be nervous, Rosie. You have no reason to be. I know I tell you this a lot, but you're the brightest witch I've ever met."

Rosalie blushed and tried to hide her smile, "Well, that's awfully sweet of you."

"You won't have any trouble, I'm sure of it."

"I'm positive you won't either."

"Oh, I definitely won't. I've been practicing. I can practically cast it with my eyes shut!"

Rose shook her head and brought her palm to her face as she chuckled, "How do you carry all of that ego around, Sallow?"

"Oh, hush up," he jested as he playfully pushed her shoulder.

Suddenly, the classroom door swung open.

"Ah, you're here! Wonderful," Professor Hecat said as she stepped aside to let them inside.

Rose and Sebastian walked to the front of the classroom as Professor Hecat closed the door and follow closely behind them.

"I asked for you two to come before class because I would like to propose an incredible opportunity."

"I'm very curious to know," Rosalie smiled.

"As you know, we will be learning about dementors and patronuses for the rest of the year. How would two feel about hosting an extra night of lessons throughout the week. Of course, I'll grant you extra credit for the term, and I'll see if I can grant you a few extra points on your NEWT exams at the end of the year. What do you say?" Professor Hecat finished with an intriguing smile.

Rosalie was very thankful for this opportunity, although it seemed unfair to the other students. The only reason the two of them knew how to cast it was because Sebastian stole a book out of the Restricted Section of the library. But Professor Hecat truly believed in the two of them. She did say they were the most powerful students she had taught in years. And this could open many doors for them. Although Rose still didn't know what exactly she wanted to do after Hogwarts, she still needed the opportunities.

Rosalie knew her answer, and she diverted her eyes to Sebastian for confirmation. He gave her a soft smile and nodded in agreement.

"Thank you for this opportunity, Professor. I believe we will take it!"