𝒩𝒾𝓃𝑒: 𝐹𝒾𝓇𝓈𝓉 𝒟𝒶𝓎 𝑜𝒻 𝒮𝒾𝓍𝓉𝒽 𝒴𝑒𝒶𝓇

Rosalie was crouched down on her knees and looked around the dark, cold repository below the Map Chamber. Blood. So much blood. On her hands, stuck to her clothes, in her hair. What happened? Whose blood? Why was Rosalie here? She looked up near the rocky ceiling to see the repository had been busted open. Rosalie stood up quickly and ran closer to the busted metal container to get a better look. Completely empty. She took a step back and clutched her chest. How could this happen? How could she let this happen? Suddenly, a small rustling from behind Rosalie startled her and she turn on her heel.

"Professor?"

She started walking toward the silhouette of Professor Fig when he suddenly collapsed in pain and blood started pouring out of his body.

"Professor!" she screamed as she quickly fell to her knees beside him.

"How could you do this?" he asked straining.

"Do what, Professor?" Rose asked as she frantically searched his abdomen for a wound.

"You-you.." he pointed towards the edge of the rocky cliff before completely going limp.

Rosalie stood up in shock and walked slowly in the direction he was pointing. She fell back down to her knees in horror. Hundreds of bodies. Hundreds of students and professors. Hundreds of bloody, cold students and professors.

"No. No, no, no, no, no! This can't be real. No, no, no. NO!"

Rosalie shot up in her bed. She was sweaty but cold. Just another nightmare. Rosalie rubbed her head before looking around at the empty beds. Merlin, what time was it? She quickly turned to her bedside to table and sighed with relief. It was barely seven in the morning. The other girls must've woken up early for a head start on their day.

It was finally the first official day of sixth year; she should be excited but she was the complete opposite. She was scared. She didn't know how much longer she could live with her mind betraying her. Rosalie sighed and slowly rolled out of bed. She picked up her unpacked trunk off the floor and sat it on her bed. She grabbed the least-wrinkled uniform she had and went to take a bath to wash away the sins that occupy her mind.

~ * * ˏˋ ☾ ˎˊ * * ~

Rosalie approached the entrance to the Great Hall for breakfast. She didn't have much of an appetite because of her nightmare, but she still wanted to join her friends this morning. There was nothing like the first day of classes. The excitement; the nervousness. It was hard to reciprocate those first day feelings, but she faked a smile and sat next to Poppy at the Hufflepuff table.

"Good morning, Rose!"

"Good morning, Poppy."

"The owls should be bringing our schedule any minute. I'm so excited for this year!" Poppy squealed.

"I am, too. I'm just hoping it'll be a little less exciting than last year," Rose replied wryly.

Suddenly, hooting from dozens of owls echoed through the Great Hall as rolled parchments landed in front of the students. Rosalie grabbed hers and unrolled it.

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry
————————————
Student: Rivers, Rosalie Anne
Year: Six
Level: N.E.W.T.

Class Schedule

Monday
Charms 9:00-10:00
Defense Against the Dark Arts 13:00-14:00