𝐹𝑜𝓇𝓉𝓎-𝐹𝒾𝓋𝑒: 𝒢𝓇𝓎𝒻𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹𝑜𝓇 𝓋𝓈. 𝒮𝓁𝓎𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝒾𝓃

Author's Note:
Header by @propertyofhermionegranger on Pinterest!

~ * * ˏˋ ☾ ˎˊ * * ~

The first weekend of November finally came, but it came with cold winds, a dying environment, and rain. The highlands were notorious for the sopping wet autumn weather, and it never stopped Madam Kogowa from hosting a Quidditch match... especially the first one of the season. Today would kick off a new year of competition as Gryffindor and Slytherin are playing the opening match.

Rosalie and Sebastian were in the Room of Requirement practicing their lesson for Monday. The tension between them was beginning to sizzle, but just barely. She could now tolerate being in the same room with him for a couple of hours. Friendship wise, their relationship was still just as rocky. Sebastian was more reserved, more quiet, and always fidgeting with his ring like he was uncomfortable. He rarely jested around and solely focused on their school work.

"Rictusempra!" Rosalie yelled.

"Stupify!" Sebastian exclaimed.

"Nice work! I believe we're all set for Monday," Rose announced as she relaxed and walked over for her giant table.

"Just in time for Quidditch, too," Sebastian softly smiled.

Rosalie propped her foot up into a chair to tie her boot stings as Sebastian's eyes fell over her.

"So, are you going to the match?" he hesitated.

A small scoff escaped her lips as she finished tying her boot string, "Of course I am! You know I wouldn't miss it."

Rosalie straightened her posture and smoothed out her high-neck, long sleeved black dress.

"Right..." he tsk'ed, which caught her attention. "Well, if you, or, you know, Lacy and Heather... and Amos, would like, or rather, need a seat-"

"Uh, we're actually sitting in the Ravenclaw Viewing Tower..." Rosalie said, looking away from him.

Sebastian gripped the back of the dining chair and dropped his head.

"Of course," he said with a fake smile before his teary eyes looked at her again.

"Speaking of which, I should get going..."

Rosalie pulled on her black coat that was draped over her chair back, and wrapped a familiar green Slytherin house scarf around her neck, hiding the moonstone necklace she was still wearing.

Sebastian quirked an eyebrow, "Is that my scarf? I've been looking everywhere for it!"

"Oh!" she yelped as she averted her eyes down to the green cloth, "I suppose it is. Here, you can have it-"

"Rosalie," Sebastian chuckled, "keep it and wear it with pride. Slytherin is the best house after all."

A small grin formed on her lips and she took his words as a passive-aggressive battle cry, "Just wait until Slytherin plays Hufflepuff, Sallow."

"Okay, I'll keep that in mind. But you need to remember who won last time!" he laughed.

Rosalie rolled her eyes and started making her towards the door, "I'll see you on Monday."

The door slammed behind her and Sebastian rubbed his eyes. It was progress. Slow, miserable progress. He couldn't help himself; he wanted to keep trying to rebuild their relationship. He would never stop trying to involve her in his life, even when she'd deny or reschedule. He had to keep trying.

~ * * ˏˋ ☾ ˎˊ * * ~

Rosalie left the Room of Requirement and quickly made her way to the bottom floor of the Bell Tower to meet Amos, Lacy, and Heather. To her surprise, Lacy and Amos were representing the Slytherin house as they were covered head to toe in emerald green; while Heather stood out like a sore thumb in the ruby red wares.