𝐹𝒾𝓋𝑒: 𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃

Author's Note:
Picture by @xsmellofbooks on Pinterest!

~ * * ˏˋ ☾ ˎˊ * * ~

It was the morning of 25 July 1891. Rosalie awoke peacefully by the sunlight glimmering through the sheer curtains. She turned to lay on her side and stared out the window. The sky was clear and blue. The birds were singing a beautiful song. A soft smile pulled onto her lips.

Peace.

The first time she's felt at peace in months. This was the first time in a while she's slept through the night without a nightmare. And the first time she's woken without anxiety. She wanted to bottle up this moment and keep it forever. She didn't know why or how waking up here eased her mind, but she wouldn't question it further.

Rosalie snapped back to reality when she heard a soft knock on her bedroom door.

"Good morning, darling," Sebastian whispered as he slowly opened the door.

"I hope I didn't wake you."

Rosalie turned to her other side to face him. A huge smile formed on her face again.

"Good morning to you, too," she whispered back. "I actually just woke up."

"Good, good," Sebastian replied, rocking on his heels with his hands behind his back.

Rosalie quirked a brow.

"You look like you want to ask me something Sallow."

Sebastian flashed a smile at her and chuckled.

"Well... I was just wondering if you're hungry," Sebastian said. Now his face was flushed and he raised a hand to the back of his neck.

"If I'm hungry? You're acting like that was so scary to ask me, Sebastian," Rosalie chuckled as she rolled out of bed.

"Well, I uh-" he stammered. "I just wanted to make sure, I guess," he said as he forced a laugh. He was crimson red and sweating.

"Sebastian, why are you so nervous? And why is there flour on your cheek?" Rosalie chuckled again, now stepping through the hallway with Sebastian following behind her.

"It's, uh, well..." He trailed off as they reached the kitchen.

Rose saw Anne standing over the stove covered in flour. She looked as if she's been cooking since dawn. Rosalie turned her head. Her eyes widened. The amount of breakfast food that was on the dining table. Gravy, biscuits, bacon, sausage, eggs cooked three different ways, toast, honey, and jam.

"What's all of this?" Rosalie asked but she already knew the answer.

She now saw why Sebastian was so nervous. They had cooked this great breakfast for her birthday. Her tears were stinging her eyes. She tried so hard to swallow it, but she just couldn't. Rose started crying, and then laughing, and crying again.

"Rosie? Merlin's beard. Do you hate it?" Sebastian asked with panic in his voice.

"Hate it?" Rose sniffled. "Seb, no I don't hate it. I-" she started crying harder. She took a moment to regain herself.

"I have never, in my life, had someone do such a simple gesture for me, let alone for my birthday." Rosalie started crying again.

Sebastian embraced her, hugging her so tight that she thought she would break in two. He kissed her head. That seemed to always be his go-to for comforting her. Rosalie laid her head in the crook of his neck near his shoulder and whispered a thank you.

Anne came rushing to the dining table with a loaf of banana bread fresh out of the oven.

"Sit! Sit! I don't want the food to get cold!" Anne scolded like a demanding but comforting mother. The trio gathered around the table.