𝐹𝑜𝓇𝓉𝓎-𝒯𝓌𝑜: 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝑀𝑒𝓃𝓉𝑜𝓇𝓈𝒽𝒾𝓅

The entirety of the weekend was impeccable. Rosalie had a lovely first date with Amos that ended with her falling completely head over heels for him. On Sunday, her, Lacy, and Heather took a trip into the village and shopped at Gladrags. They put in a request to get their masquerade ball gowns tailored by Mister Hill. Of course, he was completely thrilled to be designing their ball gowns a second year in a row.

Rosalie walked to the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. Today was her first day teaching the First and Second-Years alongside Sebastian, a ghost from her past she didn't want to see. She already had this morning's Muggle Studies class with him, but having to teach a bunch of children sounded too horrible. She could always avoid him in class, but their mentorship required them to work together.

Which they have not.

Rosalie hasn't spoken to him since last Tuesday and their conversation wasn't too pleasant. She snapped at him. She knew she was mean, but he still wasn't her favorite person at the moment. Honestly, she didn't know if they ever would be on good terms again. But, she tried extending an olive branch after she was incredibly rude. She saw the tears in his eyes and it broke her heart. She wasn't a vicious person.

So, that afternoon, she asked Feenky to bake Sebastian a birthday cake. Rosalie wanted to write him an apology, but she couldn't force herself to find the words. All she knew to write was: Everyone deserves to blow candles out on their birthday. Surely then, he would know it was from her. He hasn't tried to approach her, but surely he knew.

Rosalie entered the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom, and there he sat at his desk. She saw the back of his tousled brown curls. He was slouched down at his desk; it seems like he was intensely studying something. Rose weighted her footsteps to make her presence known.

Sebastian looked over his shoulder at her with a straight face.

"Good afternoon," he mumbled, annoyed, before returning to his book.

"Afternoon," she replied monotonously.

She threw her bag on top of her usual desk and leaned against the edge of it with her arms crossed. Being around him simply puts her in a foul mood, and it seemed he reciprocated that today. They sat there in silence. Awkward, deafening silence. She hated it. Rosalie prayed to Merlin that Professor Hecat would come out of her office soon.

Should she be the first one to break? She didn't want to, but she'd rather the air be filled with anything other than tension. Although, speaking would be just as bad as the tension. There was no correct option. She had to sit there and brew in her hostility.

A few moments later, Professor Hecat emerged from her office and walked down her staircase. Rosalie straightened her posture, while Sebastian snapped his book shut and stood to his feet.

"Good afternoon!" Professor Hecat smiled. "I am so excited to see what you two have prepared today!"

"So am I, Professor," Sebastian spoke sarcastically with a devilish grin.

Rosalie caught the satire in his voice and rolled her eyes. It didn't seem too difficult to teach children simple spells that she could cast nonverbally in her sleep! Professor Hecat picked up on his comment and made a quizzical expression.

"Well, I shall go open the door. Remember, your first class is Second-Years, so they will be a bit easier to teach!"

Professor Hecat shuffled her way across the classroom as Rosalie and Sebastian gathered their belongings and placed it beside a side table near the front of the room.

"So, what do you have planned?" Sebastian asked abhorrently, refusing to look at her.

"Uh, maybe letting them duel each other," Rose hesitated.