𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃: 𝒜𝓊𝑔𝓊𝓈𝓉

Author's Note:
Hello everyone! Hope all is well! Just checking in for a moment to say thank you for those who have read so far! Most chapter concepts are usually planned ahead and it usually stems from an idea or a song I hear (I'm sure most of you know where I'm going with this). So, when chapters are inspired by songs, I plan on linking them at the beginning of the story!

Thank you again, from the bottom of my heart. This was just a little passion project and I'm so happy to see people reading! <3

Picture by @ancient_and_precious on Pinterest!

Play after the fourth page break. <3
Taylor Swift - august

~ * * ˏˋ ˎˊ * * ~

Several days had passed, and everyone in the Sallow home was still on edge. Anne was still recovering from her withering attack, and she was refusing to speak to Sebastian. She was still upset about their fight. Anytime one twin wanted to speak to the other, they would relay the message through Rosalie. It was quite exhausting really. Their last week together until Merlin-knows-when and all the twins did was fill the air with tension so sharp a knife could cut it. Not to mention Rosalie was getting less and less rest every night. Her anxiety and nightmares seemed to be getting worse the closer September arrived. It consumed her whole life at this point.

It was the morning of 25 August, and Ominis was set to arrive at the Cragcroft Station at noon. Anne was baking a plum pie in the kitchen; she took the day off at the bakery so she could spend as much time as she could with them, but mostly Ominis since she was still rather mad at her own brother. Sebastian was reading a book on the couch and Rose sat beside him with her arms crossed in silence. She usually enjoyed the quiet, but something about the silent Sallow home didn't sit right with her. She glanced at the clock.

"11:47," she called out.

"Pardon?" Sebastian asked. She wasn't sure if he didn't hear her or just wanted her to repeat it to try to fill the empty space.

"It's 11:47," she repeated sternly.

"Alright," Sebastian closed his book and stood to his feet. "Rosalie, please tell Anne that I-"

"Oh, enough!" Rose screeched. "Both of you sit at the table now!"

Sebastian was bewildered and eyed his twin who stood frozen in the kitchen.

"Now!" Rosalie repeated.

Sebastian and Anne quietly made their way to the table and sat opposite of each other, refusing to even face the other. Rose stood at the head of the table just looking at them with disbelief.

She took a moment. She took a deep breath.

"Now, I'm going to make this short and simple," she started. "Ominis is about to arrive so can we please get along? You have to speak to each other. I'm not an owl. And watching you two fight and give each other the silent treatment is exhausting. I just want us to have a good week. This is the last week we're going to all be together. So suck it up and apologize, now!"

The twins both had an eyebrow raised and this bizarre look plastered across their face. Merlin, they're too much alike. Then they both bursted out in synchronized laughter.

This cannot be real. Why are they laughing? Did Rose completely misunderstand something? Was this some sort of prank?

"What's so funny?" she asked with anger.