𝐹𝒾𝒻𝓉𝓎-𝒪𝓃𝑒: 𝐻𝒶𝓃𝒹𝓌𝓇𝒾𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓃 𝐿𝑒𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇𝓈

Header by @Art_Plays on Pinterest!

~ * * ˏˋ ☾ ˎˊ * * ~

As the days followed and the time came to return to Hogwarts, Rosalie started becoming distant. She needed to force space between her and Sebastian to allow herself time to think. She shouldn't have romantic feelings for him, at least not after everything he's done. Had she forgotten about the entire situation with Nellie? Not once, but twice.

Rose had told him and herself over and over again that she could never hate him, but she really wished she could've. She wishes she held onto the hate that burned into her heart, then she would've never been in this situation. This situation held the unknown of 'what ifs' and 'could happens'.

Rosalie knew she should never run back to Sebastian. She was safe and stable with Amos, on top of him being sweet and caring. Amos has always seemed to place Rose on a pedestal; a pedestal she so deserved. Her feelings for Amos were real, but were they strong enough to withstand forever with him? Amos and Rose have been in a serious relationship for nearly three months; shouldn't she be so in love with him that she couldn't stand herself? She didn't know if she loved him, but she wanted to.

She needed to.

~ * * ˏˋ ☾ ˎˊ * * ~

Rosalie and Sebastian parted ways on the Hogwarts Express when they boarded. Amos embraced her with welcoming arms and started bombarding her with questions about her holiday. Rose was distant but tried to remain resilient and unbothered about the past week's events. She explained to Amos about their Christmas traditions and how she viewed the Aurora Borealis; its beauty was casted upon the beach, but she failed to mention who she shared that moment with.

Once the train started again, Rosalie receded into the endless void of her mind. She began rethinking about the week and rethinking about the situation she's trapped herself in. She couldn't speak about it to Lacy or Heather; they would never understand. The only person Rosalie had was herself.

Rose barely spoke on the train. She blamed it on her motion sickness and nausea. In reality, she didn't want to speak solely because she felt guilty. Guilty for having feelings for someone else who wasn't Amos. She made a promise to him that she intended to keep, but now there's other obstacles in the way. She needed to push down the feelings she held for Sebastian; she's so much as promised her life Amos. A man who will care for her in any way he can; a man who is safe and stable.

Rosalie filled her lungs with the cool air and grounded herself on the train platform at Hogsmeade Station. In just a few short minutes, she would be back home. She followed Amos, Heather, and Lacy to the carriages. While dealing with the events of the past week, she was also hit with a wave of grief. Now that the holiday was over, she had less than six months to savor everything about the castle. All of the crooks and crannies, all of the undiscovered secrets, and all of the magic she felt inside the walls. There was only a short period of time that she could call this place her home. And yet, she still had no plans for her future.

As they made their grand return to the castle, Rosalie wanted to breakaway from her peers. She didn't feel like socializing tonight and her nausea was still taking over her. She had already said goodbye to Amos; it was sneaking away from Heather and Lacy that would be a problem. She tried her best to sneak away from the crowd outside the Great Hall.

"Rose, where are you going?" Lacy asked, confused with a glint of concern in her tone.

"To the dormitory. I'm extremely tired."

"You're going to miss the holiday program before the feast tonight!" Heather exclaimed.

"Oh, I'll be alright. Really."