𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎-𝐹𝒾𝓋𝑒: 𝐸𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃

Author's Note:
Header by @piper_elgort_ on Pinterest!
Please play after the fourth page break!

Lizzy McAlpine - doomsday

~ * * ˏˋ ☾ ˎˊ * * ~

25 July 1892.

Rosalie Anne River's eighteenth birthday.

A day she quite won't forget.

Rosalie woke up to the sounds of the morning birds chirping and the waves meeting the shore; the sounds she loved to wake up to. It seemed she had woken later than she anticipated, but the four of them stayed up too late the night before. She didn't even notice what time she fell asleep, she just remembered stumbling into her bed and drifting into darkness when her head met her pillow.

She rubbed her groggy eyes then stared at the ceiling for a moment. She wondered what Sebastian had planned for her day. Rose didn't know how he would ever top her birthday last year, but she knew he would find a way to make it extremely special.

A knock on her door snapped her out of her thoughts as she laid on her back.

"Come in," she called.

"Good morning, Rosie," Sebastian greeted with a grin. "Did I wake you?"

"No, I had just woken up just before you knocked," she said sleepily through a yawn.

"Wonderful. I was coming to let you know breakfast is ready. Also, don't change into your day clothes just yet."

Rosalie threw her bedsheets off from her and sat over the side of her mattress looking at Sebastian confused.

"So, if I walk in there in my pajamas, then no one will say a word?" she quizzed.

"Not a single word. Wear your pretty pink silk pajamas with pride," he chuckled as he shut the door.

Rosalie rolled her eyes.

"Pretty pajamas," she laughed.

She stood up from her bed and put on her house slippers. She walked over to her desk and grabbed her brush to smooth her long, blonde hair to look decent. She opened her bedroom door and walked into the living room to find Sebastian chatting with David on the couch while Anne set the table.

"I know you boys aren't letting her do all of this by herself," she announced.

David jumped from her words as he didn't know she had woken up and entered the room. Sebastian looked over his shoulder at her with a glum expression.

"She wouldn't let us help," he bit.

"Because I'm perfectly capable," Anne replied.

"Here, dear. Let me help," Rose commented, reaching for the basket of biscuits in Anne's grasp.

"Absolutely not!" she said, jerking away the basket. "It's your birthday, therefore you do not raise a finger."

"You're just as stubborn as your brother," Rose laughed.

Anne walked swiftly by Rosalie back into the kitchen to grab another pan of food she had made. Sebastian was still looking over his shoulder at her and he gave her a smirk.

"Hmph. Keep it up and you won't receive your birthday present."

"Now, you two know I didn't want presents. Being here is more than enough!"