𝐹𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃: 𝐼𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒮𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌 𝑜𝒻 𝒯𝓇𝓊𝓉𝒽𝓈

Author's Note:
Picture by @spaceartistic on Pinterest!

~ * * ˏˋ ☾ ˎˊ * * ~

Sebastian woke up that Tuesday morning. The rain had dwindled down to a light sprinkle. Rain on a special day means good luck optimists, and today he chose to be one. He'd hoped his seventeenth year would bring him some luck he's been lacking. The past few years haven't been the best. Anne's curse. Solomon. His only light he's had throughout all of this has been-

Bloody hell.

Rosalie. Last night was a mistake. And it almost led to a bigger one. He'd almost kissed her. Something he longed for once before, but it isn't his desire anymore. Or so he thought. No, it couldn't be. He couldn't want her anymore. Hell, she probably still wasn't ready. It wasn't his place to pressure her anyhow. That's why he's been pulling away, slowly moving on. Trying to get over someone he couldn't have. Distracting himself with someone who he could have. Someone who was kind, someone who cared about him, and someone he's been sneaking away with when he had the chance.

If it wasn't for Nellie, these past two weeks would've been similar to living in an Azkaban cell. A place he had no desire to be. A place where he'd be without Rose-

Merlin's beard.

He had to get himself together today. He had to tell her the truth. No more secrets. No more hiding. She'd asked him last night but he couldn't bring himself to tell her. Even if she wasn't ready for him, he knew it would still hurt her deeply. He told her he'd wait, but he didn't mean for all of this to happen. Something changed on the train. The universe shifted. The light started shining at the end of the tunnel. Nellie was helping him run out of the darkness he was trapped in. He didn't know if it was because it was new and exciting, or if it was because they seemed so natural together. It was a breath of fresh air.

At one point, he did love Rosalie. He loved everything about her: her hair, her little freckles, her hazel eyes. She had the best sense of humor, the prettiest smile he'd ever seen, the smartest person he's ever met. But that love was over now. Sebastian had been mourning what they could've been since that August night by the sea. He was ready to move on. He couldn't wait on her forever although he said he would. Maybe she'd understand, he'd hoped she'd understand. He still wanted her in his life, but he didn't want to lead her on anymore.

Sebastian decided it was time to stop moping in his bed and get ready for today. He flung his covers off him and sat at the edge of the mattress and rubbed his eyes. He noticed a letter laying on his bedside table through his groggy eyes. He quickly untied the string. It was from Rose. She wanted to meet tonight. Bloody Hell. Tonight had to be the night then. He has to lay everything out and tell her the truth. He really didn't want to hurt her, but Sebastian felt serious about Nellie. Serious enough for courtship? He had to think on that a little longer.

He folded Rosalie's letter and tucked it in one of his books he had laying on the table. He noticed the another letter that had laid under hers. He slipped open the wax seal, chocolate frogs fell into his lap, and he read the letter. It was from his beloved twin.

Sebastian,

Happy birthday my dearest brother. I miss you. I wish we could celebrate our special day together but we will see each other soon enough. Enjoy the chocolate frogs! And please give Rosalie my best wishes, I miss her as well.

With love,
Anne

Sebastian groaned. Anne didn't know either. Actually, only Sebastian and Nellie knew, per Sebastian's request. But after tonight, he wouldn't be afraid to confess it anymore. He folded the letter and placed it on top of Rose's inside the book. He smoothed his disheveled bed head and got ready for the day.