𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎-𝒮𝒾𝓍: 𝐼𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒮𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌 𝑜𝒻 𝐸𝓃𝓋𝓎

Author's Note:
Header by @ladyfelan on Pinterest!

Please play after the second page break at the beginning of the letter! (semi-spoiler sorry!)

Lord Huron - The Night We Met

~ * * ˏˋ ☾ ˎˊ * * ~

Sebastian sat at the dining table staring blankly at Nellie across from him as she spoke. He didn't hear what she was saying, he didn't want to.

Anne had walked away to the kitchen to brew herself a cup of tea to calm her nerves. She was too worked up and the curse was beginning to send excruciating pain throughout her body.

David hadn't returned yet. Sebastian hoped he was still down at the train station begging Rosalie to return with him.

But he knew better.

She was broken. Too broken, too destroyed. The past two years that they built together collapsed within seconds. And it was solely because of him. He was too stupid to see her love and affection. He was too stupid to let her in. If only he had waited for her. His rash decision to move on came back to haunt him. He knew he wasn't ready to let her go. For months, he tried to convince himself he wasn't in love with her.

That's why he was always obsessed about her being in his life.

Now in the end, they're both hurting.

He was hurting.

Anne stood in the doorway between the kitchen and the living room glaring at Sebastian and Nellie. She was angry and hurt. Sebastian knew his sister felt betrayed on behalf of Rosalie. The girls loved each other dearly; they called each other their sister. Now, he's stripped her away from that.

David had finally returned. Alone.

The last bit of hope Sebastian had was crushed.

David was speaking to Anne indistinctly. It seems he was asking her for some sort of permission and she agreed. David walked over to the dining table where Sebastian and Nellie sat. Anne walked closely behind him. David didn't seem like the confrontational type, and it seemed it took everything in him to start this conversation.

"Sebastian," he started as he took a deep breath, "this is not my business. This is not my problem. But there is something you need to know."

Sebastian sat up straight in his chair.

Did Rosalie mention something to him?

David looked at Nellie then returned his attention back to Sebastian, "There's no way to lightly explain this, so for that matter, Nellie tried to get Rosalie expelled from Hogwarts."

Nellie's eyes widened at the true accusation. Sebastian's eyes narrowed with hurt and hatred.

"So, it was you who turned her in! I wondered for weeks about Professor Weasley's words. Weeks! And it was you the entire time!" Sebastian yelled.

"He's lying!" Nellie stuttered.

"I'm not. I heard you through the door. If you wanted to keep it a secret then maybe you shouldn't have said it so loudly," David sassed.

"Get out, Nellie. Go home and never speak to me again."

"Seb, please. He's lying! I swear I never-"

"Leave."