𝒯𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒: 𝐿𝑜𝓃𝒹𝑜𝓃

Author's Note:
Picture by @melscrowston on Pinterest!

~ * * ˏˋ ☾ ˎˊ * * ~

It was the morning of Friday, 30 June 1891. The day Rosalie has dreaded since the start of the school year: her return home. Rosalie sat on the edge of her bed staring at the pocket watch her grandfather gave her before he passed away. She was contemplating on begging Professor Weasley to let her stay here over the summer. What could possibly be so terrible about it? It's not like she would be alone, although she didn't know who exactly stayed here over the summer break. Rosalie sighed and sat the watch gently into her trunk. She stood up and packed what was left of her things. She left everything sitting on the bed as she was told that the house elves would pack everything onto the train.

Rosalie decided it was time to say her last goodbyes to everyone and she walked to the Great Hall for breakfast. She saw Natty, Samantha, Amit, and another Gryffindor that she didn't recognize sitting together.

'I'll pass on sitting there...' she thought.

Then, she saw Poppy sitting with Garreth Weasley! He was being overly affectionate, but Poppy was enjoying it.

"I'm not interrupting that," she said to herself.

Rosalie found herself feeling lonely, all of her friends seemed to be enjoying their breakfast without her. She didn't need to eat, it's fine. She was starting to feel anxious. What if she just turned around and left? She could always eat the sweets she bought at Honeydukes. As Rosalie went to turn on her heel, her face collided with someone's chest.

"Oof. Oh, I'm so sorry-"

"Heading off without eating breakfast, darling?"

Darling.

Sebastian. She felt instant relief and a smile formed on her face as she looked up.

"I'm sorry Sebastian. I didn't know you were behind me," Rose said with a small giggle and her cheeks flushing. "I was just, um.." She didn't finish her sentence and looked away from him.

"Rosie, it's fine! Come sit with me. You need to eat breakfast so you'll survive that very long train ride back to London," Sebastian said with a glimmer in his eyes.

The two made their way to the Slytherin table. Sebastian sat down in front of Ominis and Rosalie sat down next to Sebastian. The anxiety started creeping up on her again. She felt out of place. She hasn't spoken to Ominis in 4 months; since she convinced him to keep Sebastian at Hogwarts and not be locked up in Azkaban. By this time, she was sweating and shaking. She couldn't move. She couldn't speak. She couldn't feel anything or even see straight.

"Rosalie. Rosalie?" she heard echoes.

She couldn't even tell who was speaking to her now. Apparently she was shaking so badly because she suddenly felt Sebastian put both his hands on her shoulders and turned her to look at him.

"Rosie! Are you alright?" he asked, clearly panicking. That didn't help because Rosalie was also panicking, but for an entirely different reason.

"I can't-, I ca-," she couldn't form words.

She must've blocked everything out because when she started coming back to her senses, she was sitting on the steps outside in the Viaduct Courtyard. Sebastian was holding her hands, asking her if she could feel them; and he was rubbing her back while also counting to ten over and over again.

"Seb, what happened? I'm so sorry. I don't know what came over me.."

"Rosie, it's fine. You're fine now. I don't know what happened. One minute we sit down and Ominis is trying to talk to you, then the next thing I know is you can't even tell me what's wrong. So I just brought you out here. And don't worry darling, I made sure it looked casual so people wouldn't pester you on the train about it," Sebastian said with a smile slowly forming on his lips, like he could finally get some sort of relief from the situation.