Protection mechanism

"Ouch.."Boboiboy held his head, hoping to ease his headache that he woke up in the morning with.

His sight suddenly became a bit blurry as sleepyness took over.

"Five more minutes of sleep won't hurt, right?"Boboiboy thought to himself before he went back to sleep.

"Boboiboy! Wake up! We're going to be late!"Gopal said while shaking him.

"I'm awake.."Boboiboy yawned and rubbed his eyes to wake himself up, before he looked at the clock.

"Strange..didn't I make an alarm before?"Boboiboy thought, but shrugged it off.

Later he got a mission from his commander, so him and his friends made their way towards the location of their mission.

They were walking around while asking people, to gain information about the location of the power sphere(?), when Boboiboy encountered a very rude person.

The person were saying hurtful things to him which made him sad, but then his mind went blank and the voice of the person suddenly became unclear.

He couldn't hear him at all, but at the same time his mind isn't questioning it either and he just stood there, staring at him as if he could actually hear him and was listening.

After the ecounter he could barely remember the person's face, all that he could remember was the information that he gained from him.

"Hm..how did he look like again..?"Boboiboy mumbled.

"Are you okay?"Gopal asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine."Boboiboy replied.

They continued their mission. During the mission, they found a village and a nice villager offered them some drinks.

Despite his thirst, Boboiboy declined the nice offer.

"Aren't you thirsty?"Fang asked in confusion. "We've been walking in the dessert for a while now."

"Not really."Boboiboy replied, feeling like he couldn't control his own body right now.

He then accidentally spilled the water and it poured on a plant, but the plant died withing seconds!

Everyone except the 'kind' person was surprised and they immediately threw the water aside.

Luckily they hadn't drink their water yet, so none of them were harmed.

The 'kind' person revealed their identity and it turned out that they were an enemy.

They manage to capture them and save the power sphere(?), and went back home.

"How did you know that he was our enemy?"Ying asked.

"I didn't. It was just an accident."Boboiboy replied.

It was the truth, yet something didn't feel right to him.

"I see. Lucky for us then. That could've gone wrong really fast."Ying stated and all of them agreed.

It was a long way home for them since Ochobot still needed to recharge his energy.

They had agreed to take turn on flying(?) the spaceship, so that they could get some sleep.

Now it was Boboiboy's turn, but he was really sleepy and could barely focus.

"I have to stay awake.."He yawned and fell asleep.

A few minutes later, he woke up and panicked, but luckily they hadn't crashed to anything.

"Thank god we're safe!"Boboiboy sighed in relief and Fang soon came since it was his turn.

"Did something happen?"Fang asked in confusion when he saw Boboiboy's sigh of relief.

Boboiboy wanted to tell him about what had happened, but then he suddenly changed his mind and just told him that he was relieved that he could sleep again.

Strangely Boboiboy did not question any of his sudden action like he always does and just went to sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------
I had so many scenarios, but I forgot it. ;-;

Anyways, what do you think is the 'protection mechanism'? Do you have a guess? 🤔