CHAPTER 1

"I'm not sure about this," said Jade, with two staff members from 'The Impossible Quiz' TV show adjusting the microphone on her jaguar-print blouse and waist, sitting next to Evangeline in the dressing room. "They said that Melody would be here."

"And it's your chance to show her that you're no longer the girl she humiliated," replied Evangeline, in a blue blouse, black leather pants, and stiletto boots.

"Yeah, guess you're right," Jade nodded, taking a deep breath once the staff members left, looking at herself in the reflection of the mirror surrounded by dim orange bulbs, inspecting her golden makeup and soft, voluminous hair, which Laska had dyed black with blonde highlights. Her cheeks were no longer as full as before; now her jawline was more visible.

"Laska did a great job with the makeup and your hair," said Evangeline. "That gold lipstick is gorgeous!"

"Thanks," Jade replied.

Laska had also offered Evangeline a hair change, but Evangeline refused since her straight shoulder-length black hair was discreet, comfortable and classy, according to her. As if being almost a supermodel, a tall and elegant trained assassin to be precise, didn't gather the attention!

"Remember, you're a predator, not a prey," Evangeline said, and Jade nodded through the mirror. "Besides, she can't hate you. Her brother is literally working with the guys. And you have already become unstoppable. You've changed a lot since I met you."

There was no longer a trace of the girl Jade was a year ago.

Now, she was strong, determined, and trained to protect herself and the boys. She had an athletic figure, all thanks to Evangeline, who helped her accept her feminine, empowered, and warrior side. Evangeline had trained her to be the best version of herself and made her see that her true worth was based on what her body and mind could do.

True worth came from achieving what oneself believes is impossible, that’s what Evangeline always said.

Hours of arduous training with swords, guns, nunchucks, and staffs, along with doing pull-ups, squats, push-ups, and practicing gymnastics and martial arts, showed Jade how much potential she had.

Now, when other girls looked at her, they saw someone with extraordinary strength, courage, and the will to survive, and they respected her for it.

She went from being nobody to being someone.

The Monster Mash guys even wrote a lot of songs for her, and one of them was ‘Sexy Crawl,’ which literally said: "Now you're who they wanna be but can't 'cause you're feeling so cool and empowered."

She was now a standard, and that made her nervous.

She had just graduated a few months ago and now she would have a job as the apprentice bodyguard for the guys in the band. They had suggested that she be just their girlfriend. They suggested giving her everything she'd need just for being the girl they were dating, but Jade didn't want that. She wanted to make her own money without expecting them to pay for everything. She wanted to be someone in life on her own.

Although she would not refuse any gift either, because Evangeline showed her that gratitude is also a virtue of the strongest.

The strongest are not those who face everything alone, but those who admit that they need help from time to time.

But this? Oh!

This ridiculousness Jade would face alone!

"What are you thinking about?" Evangeline asked, and Jade turned in the chair she was sitting in and looked up at her.

"I don't see the point of this show. I understand the money will go to charities, but I don't understand why it should be me."

"Because there is no one better to do this," Evangeline replied, "You know the guys better than anyone."