CHAPTER 68

Evie couldn't be happier. Jade and Kimberly got along just perfectly against all odds.

They had been singing Monster Mash songs since they had left Lyonfort with the radio blaring, acting like teenagers in the backseat of the blue Camaro.

"There's a need to break free, to release, the Jungle Spirit inside of me. I'm not good for you girl, no, but you're here anyway, so... Sing with me, Angry Blonde!" Jade said, using one of the batons Evie had given her as a microphone.

“Let's play rough, we'll take turns, we will switch, you’ll be on top, then it will ne me! Teach and show me new tricks. Bite my lips, don't just kiss.” Kimberly sang at the top of her lungs, and Evie was surprised that she knew the lyrics to this reggaeton song. "You sing, girl!" Kimberly said, handing the baton back to Jade, who began singing even louder and, honestly, horrible.

“Scratch my back, bite me more, take control,” Jade started doing a pseudo-sensual dance that had Kimberly dying of laughter, even slapping her own thigh with tears in her eyes, "It doesn't matter if we're both sore. Drive me wild with your love. Oh! Make me beg you for more. Finish it, girl!”

“There's a beast within me, by the way, and it won't stop 'till you scream my name! Life's a jungle, they say, hey! But I'm Tarzan and you're... Jane.” Kim finished the song and both girls laughed and bounced on their seats, as if they were close friends.

"Please, no more," Blackfox in the passenger seat already had a headache, one look was enough to know, "I preferred them a few hours ago when they were killing each other over Zeth!"

"For our next song... ‘One Night Stand Regret' so, put it on replay, Evie!" Jade ordered and Evie replied with a salute.

"As you wish, boss!" Evie played the song and both Kim and Jade started screaming like this was a bar. Blackfox had already lost his left ear twelve songs ago.

"Hey Blackfox. Remember how I told you to take the back seat?" laughed Evie, driving slowly behind the Monster Mash tour bus, "It's a good thing you didn't listen to me."

"We should have put your sister in the trunk," Blackfox rolled his eyes and Evie nudged him as both girls sang at the top of their lungs...

“One-night stand regret! Last night we made a mess! We both were bold, we didn't care what'd happen ne-e-ext." Kimberly and Jade really sang horrible, “Don't feel ashamed! Really, I don't mind! We're fine...” Kimberly handed Blackfox the baton, “Hit it, boy!”

“I'm not gonna lie, I swear I'll stay no matter what.” but Blackfox poked it gently.

“You are such a party pooper,” Kimberly took back the baton and Jade laughed, “Hit it, Evie!”

“One-night stand regret! Last night we made a mess!” Evie started singing too, and Blackfox started banging his head against the window glass. “We both were bold, we didn't care what'd happen ne-e-ext.”

"Evie! For fucks sake! Eyes on the road!" Blackfox screamed as the black-haired girl began to sing with her eyes closed, "God! We're going to die! You don't know what road safety is?!"

“Don't feel ashamed! Really, I don't mind!” Evie sang still, as happy as she never had felt, “We're fine. It's only your gut telling you that you, that you had fun last night!”

"Please, Evie! It's not right not to pay attention to the road! Please!" Blackfox smashed his head against the glass over and over again, then lowered his window, and began to yell, "Help! Someone! I'm a victim of auditory torture!"

"Oh please!" Jade tapped the boy on the shoulder, "Those are good songs!"

"The songs are good, but the three of you sing horrible!" Blackfox replied, "It's like listening to coyotes with a stomach ache!"