CHAPTER 53

Finn returned to the Solar with Draco, exiting the elevator with his head in the clouds, but they were storm clouds.

Frank would now learn the truth about his accident. Zeth had confided in Finn what he knew a long time ago, and things wouldn't end well at all.

Finn wanted to protect Zeth and Draco, but it was their fault for hiding the truth of Frank's relationship with a mad scientist who did the cruellest shit to innocent people.

Finn could do many things, but he couldn't protect Zeth forever.

"I'm going to continue writing the song," Draco said as he entered the Solar. "Do you need anything?"

"Are you going to turn off the lights and light a candle?" Finn asked, and Draco nodded, smiling and effusive. How could he be so calm now? "Fine. I'll be in my room.”

Walking down the hallway of doors felt like an eternity. He passed Frank's door, Draco's door, and Alex's door until he reached his own, right in front of Kevin's new room.

But when he opened the door, he stopped short, blinking a lot.

"Zeth, what are you doing in my room?" Finn asked. Zeth had a thoughtful face and was lying on the water bed with his eyes fixed on the ceiling, his hands behind his head, and his feet dangling from the edge.

"Since you found out you're a monster, you haven't slept. Why do you want this water bed?" Zeth asked without even turning to see Finn.

"It's comfortable to listen to music with your eyes closed, and listening to Fall Out Boy songs makes it quite an experience," Finn said, closing the door of his room. In here, it was like a small aquarium. The walls had many tubes filled with water and fish of all colours, and Finn remembered the name of each and every one of them.

There was also a huge Jacuzzi that he spent most of his time in when he was here, but right now, the only thing in here for Finn was Zeth.

"You still haven't answered my question. What are you doing in my room?"

"Jade is in mine. I'm not going to keep her up with my perfection," Zeth said, still not looking at Finn. "And! I find it uncomfortable to stay awake and watch her sleep. That's something out of a toxic romance book."

"Yeah, I even wrote a song about it with Frank and Draco," Finn laughed and sat on the bed next to Zeth, who only turned his blue eyes to look at him. "Draco is writing a song right now, in fact."

"When I wrote 'I Met A Girl' with Everett, I asked you guys if you thought Jade would like it but you, in particular, didn't say anything. You just nodded and left." Zeth wiggled his eyebrows. "I wonder why."

"Well, you guys literally wrote 'Scrawny like a dummy, started growing on me, acted like my granny, she was not that funny' and then mentioned, in the chorus that she fainted not once, but twice! So I thought she would feel offended or..." Finn rubbed his forehead. "Okay, maybe I was a bit jealous, and that's why I just nodded and left."

"Well," Zeth chuckled, "I guess she likes the song. Evie told me that Jade acted like a little girl every time she played it loud during her martial arts and gymnastics training."

"Evie told me that Jade likes the self-improvement part of 'I Met A Girl' and that she also listens to 'Personal Trainers' when she goes to the gym," Finn said, and Zeth snapped his fingers with a wink.

"I told you that song would inspire a lot of people to work out," Zeth checked his nails. "There are a lot of comments about it in the video for the song. Don't you love how I'm always right?"

"You know I love you more than how much I love that you're always right," Finn looked down, whispering, but then he grumbled and turned to look Zeth in the eyes. "But why are you telling me this?"