CHAPTER 71

Jade was bored.

The tour bus was now entering the Forest of Catalos and all she could do from the moment they left the diner was study over and over again the huge book of protocols that Blackfox had given her.

Everett had told her to meet him hours ago, but it was impossible because Alex had spent most of the trip in the bunk above his doing whatever wolves do to pass time.

Was there no privacy here?

Luckily, Alex came out from behind the curtains and headed for the kitchenette on the left side of the vehicle, opposite of the entry door.

Jade was sitting in the small armchair by the door when he took out a pan from under the small cook.

Finally! It was time to put this huge book aside and listen to what Everett had to say!

"Well, the concert will be in the pool area then? Why not in the auditorium? What?! Some tickets sold twice? No, no, that's perfect! More money for Frank’s charity but... Of course. There will be more space there," Zeth was sitting in a small, two-seat dinette table next to the entry door on the right side, with many papers on the table and making many calls while Egor did the accounting.

“I'm gonna pick you up, and I'll drive fast baby. High heels and a fancy outfit. Something that fits like a glove. Hey, hey, hey.” Alex was singing ‘I Will Be Your First’ in the kitchenette while making some weird tofu hamburger.

"It’s now or never," Jade slammed the book shut and stood up. Zeth noticed her urgency to go to the back and raised an eyebrow, but lowered his gaze when his phone rang again.

“Don’t be suspicious, don’t be suspicious,” Jade walked to the back of the vehicle, passing by the first set of bunks.

To her right, Frank was lying down in his bunk with his headphones on and Draco was in the one below playing Angry Birds on his tablet while eating Sweet Tarts Gummies.

To her left, Finn was in the upper bunk reading a book and Kevin was sleeping, even snoring, in the one below.

“Everett?” Opening some fancy red curtains, she entered the bunks located at the rear of the vehicle.

The top bunk was Alex's, and there were many stuffed animals on it. How cute!

On the lower bed was Everett doing... Nothing.

He was lying there with his hands on his chest and his blue eyes lost in infinity.

"I'm glad you could finally come," Everett said without looking at her.

“I was told that the beds stow away and the bedroom converts to a lounge area with a couch and coffee table.” Said Jade, sitting on the bed, rubbing Everett’s leg, “Shall we?”

“If we must,” Everett replied, “You want coffee?”

"Alex took over the kitchenette," Jade said, laughing because Everett's bed was huge, much bigger than the one above. “I doubt I will get any coffee anytime soon.”

“You came here for what I have figured out?” Everett asked her.

"Yeah," she shifted her shoulders, "I wanted to talk to Zeth regarding my doubts about my monster nature too, but he's busy talking on the phone, and Egor looks very stressed so I think there are problems. Both are very immersed in logistics stuff."

“Who is driving then?” Everett raised an eyebrow and she pointed back.

“Autopilot,” she replied, “Frank’s invention.”

“I hope we do not crash,” Everett raised his eyebrows, “It was initially faulty and could only travel in straight line. It was rewired by your step-father but we better be careful.”