CHAPTER 78

"Do you think Evie and Frank have already had their second kiss?" Kim asked. She had been modelling in front of the mirror over and over again after the quick adjustments Kevin made to her dress before he left in a hurry and Jade arrived.

"I don't know but I hope Evie joins us soon," Jade said, standing by the mirror next to Kim, "Damn. My butt looks flat in this uniform, although I love the combat boots."

Kim looked at her friend in the mirror, then back at the reflection of herself. They were both wearing the same makeup, but Kim knew she looked better anyway.

"Yeah, me too." Kim said, walking over to a black cat-shaped purse on the bed, "Are you sure you don't mind lending me this, Jade?"

"Oh do not worry! Evie and I went to my graduation and I forgot my purse here ever since, I didn't remember it until I saw your cat eye earrings. We had a slumber party here and I got really drunk," said Jade. She was a little envious of how good the blonde looked in the outfit, and wished to one day be as perfect as her. They were both equally short and pretty, Jade knew it well, but that confidence? That posture? Those piercing blue eyes and gaze? Wow! "You look amazing Kim, really. I wish I could model a dress like you."

"I could show you how. And these? Evie told me that Frank gifted her these earrings and that they are expensive. I think they are emeralds," Kim said, grabbing her grapple gun from the bed, putting it in her purse, "You should have seen Evie, she came out of that window smiling, ready to tell Frank how much she loves him and how similar they are."

"That is so cute!" Jade grinned, "She always seemed to love the attention he gave her." She turned around to face the mirror, "Hey Kim, I need help with my hair. Can you help me fix my bun before we go downstairs?"

"Oh no, I'm not good at it, that's why my hair is always down," she said, grabbing a strand of wavy blonde hair that barely touched her shoulder.

"I can help you," Blackfox said. Jade had even forgotten that he was in the room. He was like a watchful shadow sometimes, watching everything and everyone as if he was some sort of secret agent or something... Technically he was.

“You know about hair?” Kim chuckled, “Gay best friend vibes. The only thing missing is your ideal man, I vote for the Ken Doll."

"I don't think we've gotten to know each other well," Jade said as Blackfox grabbed a comb clip from a drawer, "What's your name by the way, Blackfox?"

"You don’t want to know," Kim laughed.

"Definitely not," Blackfox pulled out a chair for Jade to sit on and she soon did, looking at the boy in the mirror.

"You know, so much mystery around you intrigues me," Jade said as Blackfox grabbed some Bobby pins from another drawer.

"I'm not mysterious, I just pretend I am," he winked at Jade, and she blushed. Why?!

"Blackfox the stylist," Kim said, approaching the window, sticking her head out, "I don't see anything from here, maybe I should go up to the battlements. I want to know if Evie and Frank are already making the delicious thingy."

"Don't be nosy, Kim," Blackfox said as he lay a row of bobby pins up and down the length of Jade’s head, "So, you think I'm mysterious, Jade?"

"I don't even know your name to begin with," she said while he twisted the length of hair and loosely rolled and folded it in.

"I don't see why it's important to know my name." He pinned the twist into place.

"You look like your name is Pedro," Jade said and Blackfox laughed lightly.