CHAPTER 72

Outside the main gate of Lyonfort, with the sun shining and the wind blowing hard, Zeth stood in front of everyone and raised his voice.

"Finn got an idea. Dress up as humans for Halloween," Zeth started walking, a finger on his chin, "And we will reveal ourselves to the public with human names and surnames claiming it was all part of the show, I mean, I don't think anyone other than the Hunters knew we were real monsters but I’m not taking any chances. Evie, I want you to get us new identities and..."

"Zeth, I like the idea," Finn said, raising his hand, "But we have a lot to do to worry about that. Besides, my hair is going to fall out with another makeover."

"My sister is hair expert," Everett said, snarling, "She would never let your hair fall out."

"I think it's an interesting concept," Frank nodded with his hands in his pockets, "I have some skin-coloured plates in my workshop, I've been wanting to give myself a more human look for a while already."

"Frank, you already look human," Jade said and Evie looked down.

"Sometimes you need an extra to feel human again. Sometimes a missing piece ruins everything," Evie whispered and Frank looked at her strangely. Did she feel bad again? He didn't want that to be the case and wanted to say something, but he looked at Jade and shook his head until...

"Frank, I don't have a problem," Jade took his hand and looked him straight in the eyes, "It's okay. It doesn't bother me."

Did she read minds now?

"Hey Frank! Remember the glass eye I found in the diner?" Draco said between laughs, taking it out of his pocket, "A little disinfectant and voila!"

"Hey! I can put the camera of my spare eye in there and wear it!" Frank said, taking the eye as Draco jumped happily in circles, "It will take about ten or twenty minutes as long as the glass doesn't crack. Thank you!"

"I have so much to do and so little time," Zeth pulled out his phone and checked his schedule, "Guys, go relax for a while, it’s been a long day. I'll take care of everything. Laska is waiting for us at the hotel in two hours... Shit! I have less time than I thought!"

"Zeth, can I talk to you..." Jade spoke but he raised his hand.

"It will be later Jade. You and the bodyguards go get your uniforms. Blackfox's apartment." He replied without even looking at her.

"This guy loses his charm with so much work," Kim rolled her eyes and Blackfox nudged her, "Ouch! What did I say?"

"Zeth, let us help you!" Finn insisted but Zeth shook his head.

"Finn's right.” Alex said as a trailer moved in reverse towards the Main Gate, “You'll do everything while we do nothing?"

"Pretty much... Damn! The moving team has arrived to take the tables and... Fuck!" Zeth held his head tightly, "I completely forgot to take the stage to the hotel this morning!"

"I can help carry things," Everett said, and Zeth shook his head.

"I have a team to do that." Zeth sighed, "But I didn't dismantle the portable stage after the rehearsal two nights ago in the courtyard! Shit!” He paced, then snapped his fingers, “Wait. Draco, do you have the complete surprise song yet?"

"Almost," Draco bit his lip and kicked a pebble, "I just need to record it entirely and decide who will sing what."

"Get that done quickly!" Zeth was pacing frantically.

"Zeth, I can help you..." Frank raised his hand but the leader shook his head.

"No. Do your eye thing, it will help our human disguise," Zeth ordered, "If you want to wear your flesh-coloured plates, that's your choice."