CHAPTER 42

“Hey, Frank. Are you okay?" Alex asked as the two of them, Kevin and Draco walked down a long, dark hallway on their way to the elevator. Lyonfort was almost empty, everyone was probably already sleeping. "You look as worried as when we literally made a fool after the Global Awards."

“Don't even remind me of that night, you drunken moron. And you made a fool of yourself, not me," Frank said with a grumble. The guys were celebrating after winning four awards and couldn't wait to show how excited they were in an interview with John Carson on they way out of the event.

However, they had enjoyed the free booze a little too much.

As John greeted the guys, Alex yelled out a ‘Woo-hoo!’ and then started to sing 'Cielito Lindo' at the top of his lungs.

Zeth warned John that he didn't realise what he was in for.

And Zeth was definitely right, as always.

John told the guys that Mashers had voted for them to win these awards. Alex then seemed to throw shade at their lack of victory last year and their voting scandal when the band lost despite seeming to have the most votes.

Draco then put his arms around Alex's neck, and the two of them spun around like a helicopter mid-interview while Everett clapped and Finn beatboxed. The vampire and the wolf were so drunk that it was the only night since the confession that they both went back to their old selves... Almost.

John then told the guys he felt like the after-party had already kind of started for them.

Kevin, Frank and Zeth, who were not in such high spirits as their bandmates, tried to diffuse the tension, but Alex replied he just wanted to have fun, get drunk, and enjoy their awards.

Draco then chimed in that he felt like when he was younger and drank wine every day back home in The Titan, Bloodfort and the Great Pyramid before the war. Zeth put a hand over his mouth before Mr. Fangs said anything else.

Alex then asked John what he was drinking tonight and then collapsed in giggles while Frank told him to get up desperately.

Zeth said the interview should stop, thanked John, and then said he hoped they got an invite next year while Everett made a Russian Dance; Finn, Alex, and Draco clapped for him.

It was impossible for Frank, Kevin and Zeth to get the boys out without being intercepted by other reporters and interviewers.

Things went from bad to worse after that.

Alex licked the award he was carrying, saying that it was his property, telling the camera that oral sex started because of the tradition of licking things to make sure no one else touches them.

Draco was so drunk that he mistook the microphone for the award and started talking and talking and talking without realising his mistake.

Finn said he was thirsty and drank water from a vase he had stolen from a table during the event.

And Everett fell like a cow to the ground mid-interview, so Frank, Zeth and Kevin had to carry him into the SUV.

Fans were loving the videos after they were posted everywhere, though.

Some even claimed they couldn't watch a drunk Monster Mash interview in public because it was really hard not to laugh or smile like an idiot.

But for Kevin and Frank, and probably Zeth, that was the worst night of their lives.

“Guys! Wait!" Finn shouted, running to catch up with Frank and Alex. Kevin and Draco were too deep in their conversation to notice.

“Where is Jade?” Frank asked way too worriedly.