CHAPTER 64

When Jade woke up, the first thing she noticed was that she was alone in bed, with a scarlet red duvet covering her. She blinked slowly, trying to fully wake herself up, but nothing seemed to change.

There was no difference between being awake and sleeping. It was just...quiet. Like a dream.

The bed creaked slightly when she sat up too quickly.

The clock next to the bed made her gasp. It was five in the morning!

Damn! Evie would kill her for being late for training!

Jade would never forget the last time Evie had scolded her for running late. She acted like a mad sergeant, but Jade was just starting to get used to her new schedule. Not that it was particularly bad, but there were certainly odd things about having your best friend as an instructor.

Jade immediately noticed a note on the nightstand next to a tablet that she read...

"I'm sorry I can't stay, but in my tablet, there is a song called 'Animatronic' and I would like you to listen to it. Love and kisses, Draco.” She smiled unconsciously, her voice even lost the sleepy air, "P.S. I like cheese." And she giggled.

The handwriting wasn't Draco's though; they were strange scribbles, very fast and deep on the page, so Jade knew that someone else had written that for him, probably Alex.

Jade was never good at reading Draco's cursive, let alone Zeth's, so the fact that Draco asked someone for help so she could understand what the note said had a bit of romanticism in it.

But still, they were his words, and she couldn't help but feel warm inside. It meant she was really important to him. Maybe even more important than she had originally thought.

Jade went straight to Zeth's room, listening to the sound of a frying pan and eggs in the kitchen, but she didn't think much of it.

Frank was probably already on his cooking plan. He had improved a lot since last year.

Upon entering the huge room filled with gold and jewellery, Jade found eight golden gift bags on the bed. Judging by the handwriting on the cards and the non-parallel position of them, Egor had probably left them here on Zeth's orders.

Seven of the bags contained the Monster Mash collector dolls, and boy! Were they unique pieces!

They were the same size as the regular editions and made from some sort of shiny plastic material with a metal plate on the black coffin-shaped box, right on top of their heads, and were equipped with metallic microphones, all with plenty of points of articulation unlike the regular editions, and with replicas of the clothes they wore in the music video for 'Circus' which was honestly one of her favourite songs.

Additionally, the dolls included an extra interchangeable head, each with Catrin's makeup and they also included extra outfits identical to those used in the music video for ‘The Place I Came From' filmed in Mexico..

The resemblance of the dolls to the boys was uncanny. They were identical except for the size. It was like the creators had shrunk Monster Mash.

They even had articulation in their fingers, hair that looked smooth and shiny, unlike the sculpted hair of regular editions, and damn! They even had eyelashes and glass eyes!

These dolls must have cost a fortune each!

Each boy was in scale with each other, and even Frank's prosthetics were chrome metal and not plastic like regular editions.

In the other bag, there was a beautiful pair of wooden-heeled ankle boots, black faux leather pants, and a blouse with diamonds embroidered on the fabric. And that golden jacket?! It was a complete and utter beauty!